Europe's highest court will hear a trademark infringement suit concerning Google's keyword advertising system, a case that ventures into an untested area of law that could impact the company's lucrative ad revenue.
Broadband - News
Six Brits have been arrested for illegally sharing music files. Cleveland Police made the arrests on May 23 and 28 'in relation to uploading pre-release music' onto the now defunct BitTorrent tracker OiNK.cd. However, the exact offences they are alle...
While Canada's Privacy Commissioner is about to investigate whether Facebook is breaching Canada's privacy laws, Ontario's Privacy Commissioner's office is working with the social networking site on a privacy protection initiative.
Microsoft this week confirmed that Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) omits a critical security update issued by the company in November 2006.
Yahoo announced the public release Wednesday of a new Address Book application programming interface (API) that enables developers to build new applications by using the address books behind Yahoo Messenger, Go, Mail and others.
Asustek Computer plans to offer buyers of its popular Eee PC low-cost laptop additional storage for songs, videos and other data via the Internet.
Installs fast, runs fast, and downloads fast. These will be the characteristics of Symantec Corporation's next-generation security products for consumers, an executive said Monday.
In the latest indication of the growing unease in some quarters over Google's privacy policies, a coalition of advocacy groups is asking the search company to provide a direct link to its privacy policies on its home page.
Wikia Search, the open-source search engine that is the brainchild of Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales, will begin letting anyone participate in building its index by adding, deleting and rating Web pages. "This is a complete overhaul of everything," sa...
Google will roll out a new version of its hosted site search service for businesses on this week, featuring improved indexing and a new name.
Microsoft's Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) ships with an out-of-date version of Adobe's Flash Player that's vulnerable to recently-spotted attacks, according to Microsoft's support documentation.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates has narrowed the release window for the second beta version of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to sometime in August.
National ISP Internode has launched an Australian mirror of the SourceForge open source software repository and development portal.
A former Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) staffer and an ex-radiocommunications regulator have been appointed to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) board, under the government's new merit-based recruitment c...
Microsoft is disputing that its CardSpace authentication management technology can be hacked despite a research paper that outlines a proof-of-concept attack.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCGIS ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- CCSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8SA
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD