Microsoft plans to fix critical bugs in its Word, Publisher and Jet database software next week.
Giant video screens, hundreds of kilometres of super fast fibre links, and SMSes sent by the Pope will be part of the technology makeup of World Youth Day 2008 (WYD) to be held in Sydney this July.
Google's shareholders, following the advice of the board, voted down two proposals on Thursday that would have compelled the search giant to change its human rights policies, but the issue dominated the company's annual shareholder meeting neverthele...
Responding to the momentum around data portability, MySpace has launched its own "Data Availability" effort with big-name partners Yahoo, eBay, Twitter and fellow News Corp. unit Photobucket.
The Internet Storm Center, which tracks online threats, warns Wednesday that a worm is infecting vulnerable Web sites with a database attack. Though relatively small by Web attack standards with about 4,000 reported infected sites, the assault adds i...
Two civil rights groups on Wednesday claimed a shared victory in getting the FBI to withdraw a national security letter (NSL) issued to the Internet Archive secretly seeking information on a patron of the online library.
It's not just the US and UK who are crying foul over China's behavior in cyberspace - now the government of tiny Belgium has accused hackers from the country of targeting its systems.
Hollywood wants SEK93 million (US$15.4 million) in damages for copyright infringement from the people behind The Pirate Bay, according to a claim filed by industry organization the Motion Picture Association this week.
A US judge has ruled on a nearly US$111 million copyright-infringement decision against TorrentSpy.com, the BitTorrent peer-to-peer search site.
Google this week announced its Web Security for Enterprise, a product that protects organizations against malware attacks in real time.
Two Democrats in the US House of Representatives have introduced a bill that would subject broadband providers to antitrust violations if they block or slow Internet traffic.
Microsoft said it plans to post four security updates next week, three of them "critical," to patch Windows, Word, Publisher and all of the company's anti-malware applications.
News Corp. has no plans to jump in and rescue Yahoo now that Microsoft has walked away from its US$47.5 billion takeover bid of the Internet company, News Corp.'s COO said during a mid-week earnings conference call.
In the wake of collapsed talks with Yahoo, Microsoft reportedly is sniffing around social-networking site Facebook as a possible acquisition target, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal. Neither company would comment on the rumor, and the...
ASX-listed ISP, iiNet (ASX: IIN) has acquired Westnet for $81 million. The cash deal is expected to be completed by the end of May.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC