Microsoft is aiming to use the Internet as a hub to "mesh" data, devices and applications that are always updated and available from anywhere. Microsoft's new Live Mesh, which it announced as a limited technology preview Tuesday and planned to detail...
Microsoft revealed a Web-based service this week, called Live Mesh, that lets people share data folders across different PCs and devices.
Sony BMG said Tuesday it will offer content when Nokia launches its Comes With Music program in the second half of 2008.
After being called off Friday, the on-again, off-again cyber attack against CNN's Web site again picked up steam early this week, according to network security analysts.
Comcast's slowing of peer-to-peer traffic appeared to be more widespread than the company has disclosed, the chairman of the US Federal Communications Commission said this week.
It would seem logical to think most Internet users are annoyed by software that causes pop-up advertisements to appear on their screens.
Microsoft Tuesday took credit for crushing the Storm botnet, saying that the malware search-and-destroy tool it distributes to Windows users disinfected so many bots that the hackers threw in the towel.
Bruce Schneier is one of the foremost experts on cryptography and is a well-known security author and commentator. He is the founder of the managed security services company Counterpane, which was acquired in October 2006 by BT. Schneier sat down wit...
Chinese-language blogs are detailing a zero-day vulnerability in Microsoft Works, the company's lower-end office productivity suite, according to security vendor McAfee.
A notorious online gang known for its prolific phishing operations has expanded its means of attack, potentially putting more PC users at risk of losing personal data.
MySpace is testing what it calls a new advertising platform designed to let marketers build and manage profiles for their brands in the social-networking site, the News Corp. unit said Monday.
Skype has announced a flat rate for international calls, further showing how difficult it is to make money from telephony, according to analysts.
A cross-site scripting vulnerability in the social networking section of Sen. Barack Obama's campaign site was exploited over the weekend to redirect users to the URL of his rival, Sen. Hillary Clinton, (D-N.Y.), researchers claimed Monday.
Fighting insomnia one night, all Robert Topolski wanted to do was send digital recordings of 19th-century barbershop quartet music to some friends.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Optus fends off Foxtel triple play with discounted Internet bundles
- ‘Backbone’ to NBN Co’s regional Internet network completed
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality
- IDF keynote: from stylish wearables to wireless laptop charging
- Vodafone re-allocates 850MHz 4G spectrum a week after Telstra and Optus 700MHz launch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW