Chinese-language blogs are detailing a zero-day vulnerability in Microsoft Works, the company's lower-end office productivity suite, according to security vendor McAfee.
A notorious online gang known for its prolific phishing operations has expanded its means of attack, potentially putting more PC users at risk of losing personal data.
MySpace is testing what it calls a new advertising platform designed to let marketers build and manage profiles for their brands in the social-networking site, the News Corp. unit said Monday.
Skype has announced a flat rate for international calls, further showing how difficult it is to make money from telephony, according to analysts.
A cross-site scripting vulnerability in the social networking section of Sen. Barack Obama's campaign site was exploited over the weekend to redirect users to the URL of his rival, Sen. Hillary Clinton, (D-N.Y.), researchers claimed Monday.
Fighting insomnia one night, all Robert Topolski wanted to do was send digital recordings of 19th-century barbershop quartet music to some friends.
Business travellers to Russia might want to keep their laptops and iPhones well-concealed - not from muggers, necessarily, but from the country's recently formed regulatory super-agency, Rossvyazokhrankultura (short for the Russian Mass Media, Commun...
Bull has a gadget for businesses worried about the security of data stored on laptops: a bootable, portable password-protected hard disk drive with an embedded cryptographic processor that protects data if the device is lost or stolen.
Apple has changed its software update tool for Windows users so that it separates updates for already-installed programs from offers to install new software.
A planned cyberattack against CNN's Web site fizzled out Saturday as the group backing the event called it off.
The Greater Manchester Police force is looking for friends -- on Facebook.
PayPal, eBay's payment service and the frequent target of fraudsters, plans to block browsers that don't include anti-phishing features from accessing its site.
A Texas woman has filed a class-action lawsuit against Blockbuster over the video rental company's participation in Facebook's Beacon program.
Microsoft last week issued a security alert to warn users of a bug in most versions of Windows, but didn't promise to fix the flaw or -- if it does patch the problem -- say when a fix would be released.
The ability to bundle multiple broadband services and avoid fixed line rental has seen naked DSL emerge as the next cash cow for some ISPs, who want to see the service evolve into their flagship product.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW