A new bot can crack defenses erected by Microsoft to keep spammers from creating large numbers of accounts on its Live Hotmail service within seconds, a security researcher said Friday.
Broadband - News
A new Facebook plug-in to be released this weekend will allow users to monitor and delete cookies created by the Facebook Beacon advertising system. The cookies are used by Facebook to inform a user's friends about his or her purchases.
MySpace has launched the MySpace Developer Platform site which will allow external software developers the chance to build applications for its users.
Earlier this month, New Zealand completed its second Cyber Storm. Although the results of Cyber Storm II are not expected to be made public until August, some of the participants shared their thoughts on the experience at the RSA Conference in San Fr...
The black market for software vulnerabilities is booming, with bugs regularly being sold for thousands of dollars a piece online. And one of the only ways to reduce this steady stream of hacks, according to Geekonomics author and IT security pro Davi...
Threats against browsers are getting more sophisticated and branching out into such exotic areas as gaming, experts told attendees at RSA Conference 2008.
The European Parliament rejected attempts to criminalize the sharing of files by private individuals, and threw out the idea of banning copyright abusers from the Internet, in a plenary vote Thursday.
The controversial 'Deep Throat Fight Club' test of porn filters held at this week's RSA security show has declared a winner. According to organizers Untangle, the best performer was Fortinet.
Adobe has upgraded its Flash Player to fix seven vulnerabilities in the graphics and video software widely used for interactive Web pages and banner advertisements.
Adobe Systems this week plugged the Flash Player hole used by a hacker two weeks ago to take down a Windows Vista machine and claim a US$5,000 prize in the "PWN To OWN" exploit challenge.
Google and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees office this week debuted an online mapping project it hopes can direct the world's attention to refugees throughout the world and to the humanitarian efforts aimed at helping them.
The buzz around Google's App Engine hasn't died a day after its launch, although not for the reason that Google probably would like.
Malware has been detected on two pro-Tibet independence Web sites, in what could be a politically motivated attack, according to security supplier ScanSafe.
Online photo sharing site Flickr this week launched support for video upload, allowing users to post videos of up to 90 seconds long to the site.
Microsoft this week said it would lock down other vendors' software using Windows Update-delivered fixes if those companies ask Microsoft to help stymy attacks. The company explained its efforts after being asked about a security update that disabled...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia