A new bot can crack defenses erected by Microsoft to keep spammers from creating large numbers of accounts on its Live Hotmail service within seconds, a security researcher said Friday.
Broadband - News
A new Facebook plug-in to be released this weekend will allow users to monitor and delete cookies created by the Facebook Beacon advertising system. The cookies are used by Facebook to inform a user's friends about his or her purchases.
MySpace has launched the MySpace Developer Platform site which will allow external software developers the chance to build applications for its users.
Earlier this month, New Zealand completed its second Cyber Storm. Although the results of Cyber Storm II are not expected to be made public until August, some of the participants shared their thoughts on the experience at the RSA Conference in San Fr...
The black market for software vulnerabilities is booming, with bugs regularly being sold for thousands of dollars a piece online. And one of the only ways to reduce this steady stream of hacks, according to Geekonomics author and IT security pro Davi...
Threats against browsers are getting more sophisticated and branching out into such exotic areas as gaming, experts told attendees at RSA Conference 2008.
The European Parliament rejected attempts to criminalize the sharing of files by private individuals, and threw out the idea of banning copyright abusers from the Internet, in a plenary vote Thursday.
The controversial 'Deep Throat Fight Club' test of porn filters held at this week's RSA security show has declared a winner. According to organizers Untangle, the best performer was Fortinet.
Adobe has upgraded its Flash Player to fix seven vulnerabilities in the graphics and video software widely used for interactive Web pages and banner advertisements.
Adobe Systems this week plugged the Flash Player hole used by a hacker two weeks ago to take down a Windows Vista machine and claim a US$5,000 prize in the "PWN To OWN" exploit challenge.
Google and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees office this week debuted an online mapping project it hopes can direct the world's attention to refugees throughout the world and to the humanitarian efforts aimed at helping them.
The buzz around Google's App Engine hasn't died a day after its launch, although not for the reason that Google probably would like.
Malware has been detected on two pro-Tibet independence Web sites, in what could be a politically motivated attack, according to security supplier ScanSafe.
Online photo sharing site Flickr this week launched support for video upload, allowing users to post videos of up to 90 seconds long to the site.
Microsoft this week said it would lock down other vendors' software using Windows Update-delivered fixes if those companies ask Microsoft to help stymy attacks. The company explained its efforts after being asked about a security update that disabled...
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Communications ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantQLD
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- TPTechnical WriterVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- TPSAP Helpdesk SupportACT
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW