Cracking a power company network and gaining access that could shut down the grid is simple, a security expert told an RSA audience, and he has done so in less than a day.
Broadband - News
Storm is a shadow of its former self, Kraken is just another name for Bobax and the biggest botnet goes by the mouthful of "Srizbi," a noted botnet researcher said Wednesday as he released the results of his census of the various armies of hacked com...
'Crimeware as a service', where criminals use online cybercrime services instead of running their own servers and software, is the latest development in internet crime, according to a report.
US Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said his agency is working on a "reverse Manhattan Project" to help secure the federal government's computer systems.
Microsoft called for broad discussions about the safety of the Internet, and initiative it dubbed "End to End Trust" in a white paper released during the RSA Conference that opened this week in San Francisco.
Symantec's malware tally topped 1 million for the first time in the second half of 2007 as the number of new malicious code threats skyrocketed, the company said in its semiannual report on the state of security.
European regulators are recommending that search engines delete personal search data after six months, however most search companies keep the data much longer.
Google is giving 10,000 developers the chance to create and run their Web applications on its infrastructure with the launch Tuesday of a preview release of Google App Engine.
It has been maligned by the US administration because it has given a voice to its public enemy number one: Osama bin Laden, but Al Jazeera's motto of giving voice to all sides of a story is also reflected in its IT deployment. The news organisation i...
De-duplication has become popular for backup data, but not for primary storage. Now, US start-up company Ocarina Networks wants to change that, with a data reduction technology which it claims can shrink live production data too - even if the file fo...
Kordia has signed a memorandum of understanding with Australia's Pipe Networks to build a new, private fiber-optic cable that will link New Zealand and Australia.
Hackers are using a new multiple-attack package composed of seven ActiveX exploits, many of them never seen in the wild before, said a security company.
Computing in the cloud and Web 2.0 were cited as today's cutting-edge, game-changing innovations during a developer relations conference Monday that featured presentations by Salesforce.com and Cisco Systems.
Just when you thought it was safe to re-enter the online dating pool (actually it's never safe) comes news from Cringester E. T. about social network Quechup putting spam sandwiches back on the menu. It seems that all of a sudden she's getting messag...
The US government's reputation for protecting data has been hurt by a parade of bad headlines about spies, stolen laptops and, most recently, some Department of State contract workers snooping into passport files.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC