Hewlett-Packard has been selling USB-based hybrid flash-floppy drives that were pre-infected with malware, the company said last week in a security bulletin.
Broadband - News
If you're a dedicated user of MySpace without a lot of physical space, a compact desktop PC from Everex could help. Everex has launched MyMiniPC, a compact desktop that provides easy access to MySpace features, making it easier for friends to connect...
A newly released Harvard University study dispels the conventional wisdom that says the Iranian blogosphere consists mainly of young writers critical of the ruling Islamic Republic regime. Instead, Harvard's Internet and Democracy project found that ...
It's fortunate that Vista-specific malware is still in its infancy because a new test of anti-malware products running on the platform has found that many don't work as well as they should.
Windows systems may be the most frequently attacked by malicious hackers, but they certainly are not the only targets.
Symantec has confirmed flaws in its most popular consumer security software that could give attackers the means to hijack the Windows PCs that the programs are supposed to protect.
Network administrators are complaining that Apple's recent decision to offer users its Safari Web browser as part of an iTunes and QuickTime update has made their lives harder, as they struggle to remove the software from PCs on their networks.
When it comes to being taken in by Internet fraudsters, men have a knack for losing cash, according to a new report from the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Apple patched QuickTime late Wednesday to fix 11 flaws in the Mac and Windows versions of the media player. All but two of the bugs could be used by hackers to hijack users' machines.
MySpace's deal to join with three of the world's four largest music companies to create a joint service was prompted in large part by demands from many of the social network's 110 million users for the ability to download and buy music, concert ticke...
Reputation-measurement is one of the newer ways of blocking malware in a world where threats have grown more elaborate and cunning, and Web 2.0 has grown the audience for rich media.
Laptop tracking systems do work, and Absolute Software has a real-world example to add to its PR arsenal. The security tracking company's LoJack system has been used to catch alleged laptop thieves at a US airport.
Security researchers at Adobe Systems claimed that they knew of a Flash bug before it was used to crack a Windows Vista laptop last week in the "PWN To OWN" hacker challenge.
Frengo Wednesday announced the availability of its OpenSocial Mobile Toolkit, which expands on the capabilities of the company's mobile toolkit for Facebook. Developers can use the new tool to upgrade applications running on several social networks t...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT