Trend Micro said Tuesday it is teaming with startup Third Brigade to integrate its intrusion-prevention system capability into Trend Micro's OfficeScan endpoint-security product.
Broadband - News
Microsoft has issued four security bulletins that patched just four vulnerabilities in Windows, Visual Studio and the MSN and Windows Live Messenger software, setting a 2007 record for the fewest flaws fixed in a monthly scheduled update.
Mozilla has posted mock-ups of Places, one of the most-awaited new features in the upcoming Firefox 3.0., on its Web site.
While fighting cybercrime has become a bigger problem for law enforcement over the past 10 years, given increased involvement from organized-crime groups, officials are seeing some results from recent legislation and international coordination effort...
A new version of the IcePack hacker tool kit has been released and for the first time it includes attack code designed to exploit an unpatched, or zero-day, Microsoft vulnerability.
Around 67 percent of Australian Internet users are on broadband, but according to new research its the 'baby boomers' that are slowing uptake by dragging their feet when it comes to adoption.
Apple is debating whether to participate in the US Federal Communications Commission's Jan. 16 wireless spectrum auction, BusinessWeek reported Monday, but analysts who follow Apple said the company would be crazy to build a nationwide wireless netwo...
The ever growing open source browser, Firefox, surged past the 400 million downloads mark last week, according to a statement posted on Spread Firefox; a Web site dedicated to marketing the Mozilla Foundation's flagship creation.
An IT engineer working for Caterpillar's engineering design center in India allegedly used another employee's username and password to access and steal about 4,000 confidential documents from a company server in the US.
In a deal that makes both companies look good, Salesforce.com announced that Omniture, one of the leaders in online Web marketing analytics, will be the newest service to join AppExchange.
Warner Bros. Entertainment, a unit of Time Warner, will launch a new, interactive Internet portal for Bugs Bunny and his friends.
New worm spreads through Skype's chat feature and gains control of users' PCs.
U.S. federal authorities announced last week that members of a "pump-and-dump" spam group that bilked more than US$20 million from naive, overeager investors have all pleaded guilty.
Skype warned its users Monday that a worm targeting Windows PCs is spreading through the service's instant messenger, making the Voice over IP (VOIP)'s chat software the latest to come under the hacker gun.
A rising tide lifts all boats, and in the world of videoconferencing, Cisco Systems' high-profile TelePresence products are boosting the market as a whole. Longtime player Tandberg is trying to make the most of the good times.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- CCPSCD/ CRM Business/Financial AnalystsACT
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Content StrategistVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- TPService Desk Analyst - Out of hoursSA
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD