The federal Department of Communications, Information Technology and the Arts has approved the funding agreement for a new national wireless and wired broadband network with OPEL Networks.
A Seattle man has been sentenced to two years in prison for selling computers and cameras on eBay but never actually delivering the goods.
AOL's venerable Netscape.com site, given an extreme Web 2.0 makeover 15 months ago and transformed into a spiffy social news site, will revert to being a traditional portal again.
Most speakers at the Office 2.0 conference in San Francisco last week agreed that Web 2.0 tools will make their way into the enterprise, propelled by user demand for tools that can make them more productive.
Financially motivated malware attacks are on the rise, with automated software packages making it easy for unskilled hackers to earn a living by sending out spam, researchers at messaging security vendor Secure Computing say.
Cisco Systems executives hinted at major changes in the company's consumer strategy on Wednesday even as they voiced optimism about networking and the world economy.
Spammers have set a new benchmark for mockery, hijacking PCs inside drug giant Pfizer to send out adverts for the company's most famous product, Viagra, it has been claimed.
Wikipedia's English site is blocked again in China, after over two months of being accessible, continuing a saga of on-again, off-again availability.
Morgan Stanley and Pfizer are among several companies launching initiatives to fold Web 2.0 tools like blogs, wikis and social networks into the enterprise after grassroots projects convinced management to back the projects.
A Seattle man faces as many as 29 years in prison after being charged with using the LimeWire and Soulseek P-to-P (peer-to-peer) networks to commit identity theft.
Google has launched new features for Google Book Search designed to make it easier for users to organise and find books online.
Imagine a wireless network that could achieve bandwidth high enough to transfer an entire video presentation from your laptop directly onto a conference room projector.
Google will become more aggressive with its universal search effort, making a bolder push to blend a variety of Web links into a single results list.
Apple has made headlines in the past for introducing disruptive technologies, but Wednesday's announcement of the iPod Touch could be a real sleeper.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW