Around 67 percent of Australian Internet users are on broadband, but according to new research its the 'baby boomers' that are slowing uptake by dragging their feet when it comes to adoption.
Broadband - News
Apple is debating whether to participate in the US Federal Communications Commission's Jan. 16 wireless spectrum auction, BusinessWeek reported Monday, but analysts who follow Apple said the company would be crazy to build a nationwide wireless netwo...
The ever growing open source browser, Firefox, surged past the 400 million downloads mark last week, according to a statement posted on Spread Firefox; a Web site dedicated to marketing the Mozilla Foundation's flagship creation.
An IT engineer working for Caterpillar's engineering design center in India allegedly used another employee's username and password to access and steal about 4,000 confidential documents from a company server in the US.
In a deal that makes both companies look good, Salesforce.com announced that Omniture, one of the leaders in online Web marketing analytics, will be the newest service to join AppExchange.
Warner Bros. Entertainment, a unit of Time Warner, will launch a new, interactive Internet portal for Bugs Bunny and his friends.
New worm spreads through Skype's chat feature and gains control of users' PCs.
U.S. federal authorities announced last week that members of a "pump-and-dump" spam group that bilked more than US$20 million from naive, overeager investors have all pleaded guilty.
Skype warned its users Monday that a worm targeting Windows PCs is spreading through the service's instant messenger, making the Voice over IP (VOIP)'s chat software the latest to come under the hacker gun.
A rising tide lifts all boats, and in the world of videoconferencing, Cisco Systems' high-profile TelePresence products are boosting the market as a whole. Longtime player Tandberg is trying to make the most of the good times.
The federal Department of Communications, Information Technology and the Arts has approved the funding agreement for a new national wireless and wired broadband network with OPEL Networks.
A Seattle man has been sentenced to two years in prison for selling computers and cameras on eBay but never actually delivering the goods.
AOL's venerable Netscape.com site, given an extreme Web 2.0 makeover 15 months ago and transformed into a spiffy social news site, will revert to being a traditional portal again.
Most speakers at the Office 2.0 conference in San Francisco last week agreed that Web 2.0 tools will make their way into the enterprise, propelled by user demand for tools that can make them more productive.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Expert - Linux / MySql / ScriptQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- FTData Analyst LeadSA
- FTServer Engineer l Windows l VMWare l Active DirectoryNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior C++ .Net DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst AgileQLD
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCTest Manager with PV Security ClearanceACT
- FTSolutions Architects - 10 roles availableACT
- CCWintel Engineers - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW