Internet communities are more trustworthy than some big corporations, but mobile is proving a hard nut to crack even for the best of them, actor and venture capitalist Ashton Kutcher told CTIA Wireless Thursday.
Broadband - News
When Flickr announced its 1TB free storage giveaway on Monday, the company said it was offering you enough storage to "take a photo every hour for forty years" without filling up your allotment. Not content to wait four decades, hackers are already f...
It's Spotify's first birthday tomorrow -- the incredibly popular music streaming service, which boasts millions of tracks and thousands of albums from mainstream and independent artists, has been around in Australia for a year as of the 22nd of May.
After a weekend chock full of rumors and speculation, Yahoo has announced it plans to acquire Tumblr, the popular social service that hosts more than 105 million GIF-filled blogs, for $US1.1 billion in cash.
Google is adding 41 new features to its Google+ social network on Wednesday, including a richer interface that works better on mobile devices and some major enhancements to photo sharing.
Microsoft is upgrading its new Outlook.com webmail service so that its users can communicate with Gmail users via instant messaging.
Super-fast 5G broadband transmits data in the millimetre-wave band at a frequency of 28GHz at a speed of up to 1.056Gbps to a distance of up to 2 kilometres.
A Sony-backed ISP in Japan has launched a 2Gbps Internet service, which it said is the world's fastest for home use.
Facebook Home, which doesnt replace the Android OS but sits on top of it, includes a family of Facebook-focused apps and also works with the apps a user already has on her phone.
Popular music streaming service Rdio has quietly launched a complementary video streaming service for TV shows and movies, challenging established players iTunes, Netflix and Hulu. A sneak preview of the Vdio service is currently only available to ex...
Millions around the world begin their online day by checking out Facebook's News Feed. But what they see there is about to change. Facebook announced a major overhaul to the News Feed feature at a much-hyped press event at the social networking giant...
Facebook unveiled an updated look for its News Feed on Thursday, showing a feature that is more visual and offers different feeds for drill-down interests.
Facebook is set to unveil an updated News Feed on Thursday and analysts have a wish list of changes that users might welcome.
The social network sent press invitations to a March 7 event at the company's offices in Menlo Park, Calif. "Come see a new look for News Feed," the invite reads.
Firefox for Windows 8
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- CCProgramme and Project SchedulerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD