The Bank of India Web site was hacked sometime Wednesday night (U.S. time) and seeded with a wide, wild array of malware that infected any users running unpatched browsers, security researchers said Friday.
Many Web developers these days feel a sleep-depriving mix of unbridled enthusiasm and nagging concern over Facebook's social-network platform.
3G femtocells, which promise to deliver indoor coverage and cheap service for 3G networks, are a step closer, thanks to a base station built using chips designed for mass-market handsets.
U.S. companies trying to figure out how to deal with the proliferating use at work of social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace and Bebo may want to check the advice released Thursday by Britain's Trades Union Congress (TUC).
Despite generating a hefty media buzz, social networking sites like MySpace.com and YouTube have not yet figured out how to use that publicity to generate significant advertising revenue, according to a report released this week by IDC.
A second line of USB drives sold by Sony Electronics that uses rootkit tactics to hide files has been identified, and the devices' software remains on the Web, a researcher said Thursday.
Accused spyware company Zango has withdrawn its legal complaints against PC Tools, with both parties claiming victory.
In the month of August to date, there have been 38 malicious-code attacks on instant-messaging networks, double the number experienced in July.
Digg.com Monday unveiled an updated home page that allows users to see both news and video on a single page.
Symantec Tuesday unveiled the 2008 editions of its Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security desktop protection products, adding what it calls "threat interceptor" defense to prevent execution of malicious code enabled through a drive-by download.
While Facebook continues to cop a lot of negative press, a recent study looks at the brighter sides to the social networking site that everyone is talking about.
Hackers bent on spreading the Storm Trojan horse have changed tactics again and are now trying to dupe users into clicking on links posing as YouTube videos, security vendors warn.
A line of USB drives sold by Sony Electronics installs files in a hidden folder that can be accessed and used by hackers, a Finnish security company charged Monday, raising the specter of a replay of the fiasco that hit Sony's music arm two years ago...
Reporters Without Borders criticized the Chinese government for what the press advocacy group considers a move to end anonymous blogging in the communist country.
Analysts have applauded Wal-Mart Stores's new "Roommate Style Match" group on Facebook.com, created to help college roommates link up online to coordinate back-to-school purchases at the retailer. However, most of the 100-plus comments posted on the ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA