The Bank of India Web site was hacked sometime Wednesday night (U.S. time) and seeded with a wide, wild array of malware that infected any users running unpatched browsers, security researchers said Friday.
Many Web developers these days feel a sleep-depriving mix of unbridled enthusiasm and nagging concern over Facebook's social-network platform.
3G femtocells, which promise to deliver indoor coverage and cheap service for 3G networks, are a step closer, thanks to a base station built using chips designed for mass-market handsets.
U.S. companies trying to figure out how to deal with the proliferating use at work of social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace and Bebo may want to check the advice released Thursday by Britain's Trades Union Congress (TUC).
Despite generating a hefty media buzz, social networking sites like MySpace.com and YouTube have not yet figured out how to use that publicity to generate significant advertising revenue, according to a report released this week by IDC.
A second line of USB drives sold by Sony Electronics that uses rootkit tactics to hide files has been identified, and the devices' software remains on the Web, a researcher said Thursday.
Accused spyware company Zango has withdrawn its legal complaints against PC Tools, with both parties claiming victory.
In the month of August to date, there have been 38 malicious-code attacks on instant-messaging networks, double the number experienced in July.
Digg.com Monday unveiled an updated home page that allows users to see both news and video on a single page.
Symantec Tuesday unveiled the 2008 editions of its Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security desktop protection products, adding what it calls "threat interceptor" defense to prevent execution of malicious code enabled through a drive-by download.
While Facebook continues to cop a lot of negative press, a recent study looks at the brighter sides to the social networking site that everyone is talking about.
Hackers bent on spreading the Storm Trojan horse have changed tactics again and are now trying to dupe users into clicking on links posing as YouTube videos, security vendors warn.
A line of USB drives sold by Sony Electronics installs files in a hidden folder that can be accessed and used by hackers, a Finnish security company charged Monday, raising the specter of a replay of the fiasco that hit Sony's music arm two years ago...
Reporters Without Borders criticized the Chinese government for what the press advocacy group considers a move to end anonymous blogging in the communist country.
Analysts have applauded Wal-Mart Stores's new "Roommate Style Match" group on Facebook.com, created to help college roommates link up online to coordinate back-to-school purchases at the retailer. However, most of the 100-plus comments posted on the ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW