An old worm known as Slammer, which originated back in January 2003, is still going strong according to Gunter Ollmann, director of security strategy at IBM's Internet Security Systems (IBM ISS).
Broadband - News
Google has promised to give content makers control over advertisements overlaid on video clips they post to its YouTube video sharing Web site.
Is the fight against spam horribly misguided?
Skype has launched a package for small businesses in Europe that bundles up the company's software with call credits and subscriptions for multiple users.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has released a warning of a scam email that purports to be from the 'Australian Office of Fair Trading', but carries a potentially dangerous payload.
Microsoft has partnered with handset manufacturer Nokia to deliver some of its Windows Live services on wireless handsets in Europe and the Middle East.
YouTube might need to rethink their new InVideo advertising scheme based on initial feedback to the popular video sharing Web site.
Account confirmation spam is the latest spammer trick, asking recipients to confirm their account information with a bogus organization by logging into a Web site that is infected with the Storm Trojan malware. This latest technique is catching on: A...
Attackers are probing for Windows servers running Trend Micro's ServerProtect antivirus software, researchers warned.
A 23-year-old man who Wednesday pleaded guilty to federal charges for his role in a phishing scam that targeted AOL users now faces up to seven years in prison.
Yahoo Thursday updated its Messenger instant messaging software to flush a bug that hackers could exploit by sending video chat invitations to unwary users.
Trend Micro has released a hotfix that patches a security hole in its consumer antivirus and antispyware tools -- PC-cillin Internet Security 2007, and Trend Micro Anti-Spyware for Consumer 3.5.
Microsoft has launched an experimental Web site that plays with two technologies the company plans to make a big part of its Web strategy going forward -- Internet-based search and Silverlight.
Four men were charged Tuesday in a Chinese court for creating and selling the worm that went by names such as "Fujacks" and "Panda Burning Joss Sticks," according to the Changjiang Times.
Google's Blogger blog publishing and Blogspot blog hosting services went offline earlier Wednesday. Among the organizations affected by this apparently widespread outage was Google itself, which hosts its official company blogs on Blogspot.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager - EDRMS ProjectQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD