The British Broadcasting Corporation is under fire from Internet service providers over how its new multimedia player may cause an increase in demand for bandwidth, placing greater stresses on the infrastructure of ISP's.
"Hackers" defaced the United Nations Web site early Sunday with messages accusing the U.S. and Israel of killing children. As of late afternoon, some sections, including the area devoted to Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, remained offline.
Internet users spend almost half their time online reading and watching content, dwarfing the time spent searching for information, communicating with others and buying products, according to a four-year analysis of Internet activity released Monday.
The source code that powers the user interface for popular social networking site Facebook was inadvertently exposed over the weekend due to a misconfigured Web server.
Virtual worlds such as Second Life can be useful to businesses if they evaluate the risks involved, according to a research note from Gartner.
Google and other search engines face far more than just a new rival in Wikia, they face the prospect of hundreds, even thousands of new competitors.
Three bloggers have launched a news-ranking site aimed at melding the concept of Digg.com with topics such as parenting, fashion and food targeted more at women.
Web server survey site Netcraft's recent report may have indicated Microsoft's IIS is gaining ground over the venerable open source Apache HTTP server, but version 7.0 is promising to take the challenge to the next level.
Despite recent publicity about companies staking out territory in Second Life and other virtual worlds, companies that want to protect their brands or reputations should be cautious about operating on such Web sites, research firm Gartner warned Thur...
Microsoft Thursday said it will release nine security updates next Tuesday, half again as many as last month, targeting flaws in Windows, Office, Internet Explorer (IE) and Virtual PC.
<a href="http://www.spock.com/">Spock.com</a>, a new search engine focused on finding people by crawling social networking sites such as MySpace.com and Friendster, launched in a beta format Wednesday.
With an excess of 34 million regular users and about 15 billion page views per month, the world's hottest social networking site could be a marketer's candy store -- if developers can come up with the right recipe to monetize Facebook.
Growth in Internet traffic, especially from burgeoning video Web sites and peer-to-peer usage, will put more pressure on network managers to handle the explosion and on private sector investors, and they should be allowed to do so in unrestricted way...
If he weren't so ethical, Markus Jakobsson could be a world-class online fraudster. In a way, he already is.
Google News is adding a new feature that will allow people involved in news stories to add their comments to the Web page.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC