The British Broadcasting Corporation is under fire from Internet service providers over how its new multimedia player may cause an increase in demand for bandwidth, placing greater stresses on the infrastructure of ISP's.
Broadband - News
"Hackers" defaced the United Nations Web site early Sunday with messages accusing the U.S. and Israel of killing children. As of late afternoon, some sections, including the area devoted to Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, remained offline.
Internet users spend almost half their time online reading and watching content, dwarfing the time spent searching for information, communicating with others and buying products, according to a four-year analysis of Internet activity released Monday.
The source code that powers the user interface for popular social networking site Facebook was inadvertently exposed over the weekend due to a misconfigured Web server.
Virtual worlds such as Second Life can be useful to businesses if they evaluate the risks involved, according to a research note from Gartner.
Google and other search engines face far more than just a new rival in Wikia, they face the prospect of hundreds, even thousands of new competitors.
Three bloggers have launched a news-ranking site aimed at melding the concept of Digg.com with topics such as parenting, fashion and food targeted more at women.
Web server survey site Netcraft's recent report may have indicated Microsoft's IIS is gaining ground over the venerable open source Apache HTTP server, but version 7.0 is promising to take the challenge to the next level.
Despite recent publicity about companies staking out territory in Second Life and other virtual worlds, companies that want to protect their brands or reputations should be cautious about operating on such Web sites, research firm Gartner warned Thur...
Microsoft Thursday said it will release nine security updates next Tuesday, half again as many as last month, targeting flaws in Windows, Office, Internet Explorer (IE) and Virtual PC.
<a href="http://www.spock.com/">Spock.com</a>, a new search engine focused on finding people by crawling social networking sites such as MySpace.com and Friendster, launched in a beta format Wednesday.
With an excess of 34 million regular users and about 15 billion page views per month, the world's hottest social networking site could be a marketer's candy store -- if developers can come up with the right recipe to monetize Facebook.
Growth in Internet traffic, especially from burgeoning video Web sites and peer-to-peer usage, will put more pressure on network managers to handle the explosion and on private sector investors, and they should be allowed to do so in unrestricted way...
If he weren't so ethical, Markus Jakobsson could be a world-class online fraudster. In a way, he already is.
Google News is adding a new feature that will allow people involved in news stories to add their comments to the Web page.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW