In a nod to the success of emerging Web 2.0 technologies like AJAX and streaming media, one of the country's largest Internet benchmarking companies will no longer use page views as its primary metric for comparing sites.
Following last week's rumors that a deal was in the works, Google acquired GrandCentral Communications for an undisclosed sum.
Australia's leading broadband providers Telstra, Optus and iiNet all deny limiting P2P traffic within their networks in order to increase network speeds and save costs. This comes despite a recent admission from Westnet, along with several other ISPs...
ISP Dodo Australia is offering "free" ADSL2+ connections coupled with a complimentary 150MB of download data per month when customers sign up for a Dodo telephone service. That is of course if customers are willing to fork out 18 cents for each megab...
There has been a mixed response to the federal government's $1.9 billion broadband plan for Australia with one IP carrier claiming it raises more questions than answers.
National ICT minister Helen Coonan today launched the $1.9 billion Australia Connected infrastructure initiative to roll-out ADSL 2+ and WiMAX to 99 percent of Australia by 2009.
After <a href="http://secure.idg.com.au/images/cw/Key_Analyst_Report_Slams_OECD_Broadband_Rankings.pdf" target="_blank">slamming</a> the OECD's findings on global broadband rankings as inaccurate, and accusing the Labor party of misleading the Austra...
Not to be left behind in the recent [[ArtId:1526139525|corporate uptake]] of Second Life, BigPond has launched a group of 11 in-game islands, and is now offering its users un-metered access to content in its virtual headquarters, as well as selected ...
On the tenth anniversary of BigPond's launch, Telstra has finally flicked the switch for uncapped high speed ADSL and ADSL2+ broadband services. However, its new 24Mbps capable ADSL2+ will only be sold in locations where competitors already offer the...
Australian internet service provider iiNet yesterday announced the sale of its New Zealand subsidiary, ihug, to telecommunications giant Vodafone New Zealand for NZ$41 million (AU$36 million).
Telstra CEO Sol Trujillo switched on Telstra's 3GSM network this morning, and to celebrate made video calls to Tasmania, Queensland, WA and northern NSW.
BigAir is remoulding its iBurst wireless broadband plans to promote competition between Telstra and 3G providers.
A sign of the trouble that free ISPs (Internet service providers) are having in Australia is FreeNet's decision to close registrations from the general public to its free access services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
- Optus fends off Foxtel triple play with discounted Internet bundles
- ‘Backbone’ to NBN Co’s regional Internet network completed
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW