Microsoft Research workers showed off some of their projects, including several that find new uses for mobile phones, on Monday at a summit in Redmond, Washington.
The blogosphere is buzzing about what some are calling the death of the page view following Nielsen/NetRating's announcement Tuesday that it would stop using the traditional measurement as its primary metric to compare Web sites.
The social networking phenomenon continues to take hold of Internet users as one in five adults worldwide say they have visited such sites, according to a study released last week.
In a nod to the success of emerging Web 2.0 technologies like AJAX and streaming media, one of the country's largest Internet benchmarking companies will no longer use page views as its primary metric for comparing sites.
Following last week's rumors that a deal was in the works, Google acquired GrandCentral Communications for an undisclosed sum.
Australia's leading broadband providers Telstra, Optus and iiNet all deny limiting P2P traffic within their networks in order to increase network speeds and save costs. This comes despite a recent admission from Westnet, along with several other ISPs...
ISP Dodo Australia is offering "free" ADSL2+ connections coupled with a complimentary 150MB of download data per month when customers sign up for a Dodo telephone service. That is of course if customers are willing to fork out 18 cents for each megab...
There has been a mixed response to the federal government's $1.9 billion broadband plan for Australia with one IP carrier claiming it raises more questions than answers.
National ICT minister Helen Coonan today launched the $1.9 billion Australia Connected infrastructure initiative to roll-out ADSL 2+ and WiMAX to 99 percent of Australia by 2009.
After <a href="http://secure.idg.com.au/images/cw/Key_Analyst_Report_Slams_OECD_Broadband_Rankings.pdf" target="_blank">slamming</a> the OECD's findings on global broadband rankings as inaccurate, and accusing the Labor party of misleading the Austra...
Not to be left behind in the recent [[ArtId:1526139525|corporate uptake]] of Second Life, BigPond has launched a group of 11 in-game islands, and is now offering its users un-metered access to content in its virtual headquarters, as well as selected ...
On the tenth anniversary of BigPond's launch, Telstra has finally flicked the switch for uncapped high speed ADSL and ADSL2+ broadband services. However, its new 24Mbps capable ADSL2+ will only be sold in locations where competitors already offer the...
Australian internet service provider iiNet yesterday announced the sale of its New Zealand subsidiary, ihug, to telecommunications giant Vodafone New Zealand for NZ$41 million (AU$36 million).
Telstra CEO Sol Trujillo switched on Telstra's 3GSM network this morning, and to celebrate made video calls to Tasmania, Queensland, WA and northern NSW.
BigAir is remoulding its iBurst wireless broadband plans to promote competition between Telstra and 3G providers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA