PacketHop this week unveiled the first commercial implementation of the draft IEEE 802.11s wireless-LAN mesh standard.
Mobile phone services outnumbered the Australian population for the first time as of 30 June 2007, when 21.26 million mobile phone services were in operation, according to a report released this week by the Australian Communications and Media Authori...
The government's fibre broadband purse could be $2 billion lighter following a coalition announcement that it will oppose legislation to pool the Communications Fund into the national Broadband Network's coffers.
Google hopes to make it easier for users to get from point A to point B by integrating its Google Maps Street View images with Google Maps driving directions to provide visual images like this of an entire driving route.
A group of security researchers Wednesday said they have infiltrated one of the world's biggest botnets and can snatch control of compromised machines from the hackers.
A telephone phishing scam, which purports to come from the NSW Police Force, has surfaced in NSW over the past 24 hours.
The director of the Australian High Tech Crime Centre believes that the diversity of malware and its abilities to circumvent security products, is the greatest threat on the local cyber crime landscape.
Polycom and Telstra have entered a co-branding agreement for Telstra's IP Telephony (TIPT) service.
Despite recent efforts to clamp down on electronic payments fraud, the crime is still rife and is undermining citizens' confidence in buying and selling over the internet, the European Commission said Monday.
A flood of SQL injection attacks on Microsoft Internet Information Servers are leaving Web pages with malicious iFrames in them, and Panda Security is urging network managers to make sure their Web pages haven't been infected.
Spammers are using an automated method to create bogus pages on Google's Blogger service, again highlighting the diminishing effectiveness of a security system intended to stop mass account registrations, according to security vendor Websense.
A group of German researchers has unveiled the first publicly released research attempting to actively disrupt a peer-to-peer botnet - using as their case study the notorious Storm worm.
TapRoot Systems this week began offering a freely downloadable version of a recently launched carrier product that turns Wi-Fi-equipped 3G smartphones into wireless hotspots, in an effort to simplify mobile Internet access.
EBay-owned Skype has released into open beta testing a client for mobile phones that supports phone calls, chat and other features of the popular VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) application.
Microsoft didn't crush the Storm botnet as it has claimed, rival security researchers argued today. Instead, the criminals responsible for the army of compromised computers diversified last year to avoid attention and expand their business.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSOE Operations SpecialistACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW