Adobe this week is set to unveil the next version of its Adobe Acrobat software, which adds support for the company's Flash multimedia technology. The company also plans to launch a new Web site offering users free hosted services for document creati...
If IT security professionals think they have challenges now, they should wait until new technologies such as quantum computing and devices embedded in skin arrive in the not-so-distant future, three science-fiction writers said Monday.
In an unusual move, Microsoft on Friday warned Windows users to swear off Apple 's Safari Web browser until a patch is available that plugs holes that could let attackers to compromise computers.
Mozilla's Firefox browser is on pace to hit the 20 percent market share mark next month, a Web metrics company said Monday.
The Web site for the Phoenix Mars Mission, NASA's most recent arrival on the Red Planet, was hacked over the weekend by a Turkish crew, according to a defacement database.
Facebook is releasing as open-source software parts of its application development platform in order to make it easier for programmers to create applications for the social-networking site, the company announced Monday.
A new online services directory, dubbed FreeConnect, launched last week, claiming to be Australia's first online VoIP directory service.
Users of the professional-oriented social networking site LinkedIn are being warned that scam artists are using the site to nab lucrative bank account information from naive victims, say security experts.
Adobe has updated its stable of design software, including releasing version 9 of is PDF creation tool Acrobat, and has introduced an online collaboration portal, Acrobat.com.
The British Library's ongoing projects to make thousands of books and other resources available digitally won't slow down significantly, despite the ending last week of a partnership with Microsoft, a senior library official said Friday.
With the 2008 Olympic Games only a few months away, Lenovo Group is gearing up for a three-day trial of the hardware infrastructure it's set up in Beijing for the events.
A Canadian public policy group Friday filed a complaint charging Facebook with 22 separate violations of a Canadian personal information protection law.
A trio of computer security researchers say they've successfully compromised Microsoft's CardSpace, a technology intended to strengthen the security of personal information on the Internet.
Microsoft will release a second beta of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) before the end of October, said a manager in its technical support group, who also warned Web designers to start adding a new tag to their sites or risk those sites "breaking" when the...
In a development that will give pause to drunk-dialers everywhere, a Web site has been launched that lets users upload any and all of their voice mail files for the world to hear.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA