In a new study that has potentially Orwellian implications, ABI Research projects that revenue for video surveillance software will quadruple over the next five years.
Microsoft is warning that a previously disclosed flaw in Apple's Safari browser could have dire consequences for Windows users.
SP Telemedia subsidiary, Soul Telecommunications, has admitted cutting staff in Western Australia and moving sales offshore but denies not paying staff entitlements.
Early and extensive deployment of firewalls gave internet users "a false sense of security" and compromised the ideal end-to-end transparency of the internet, says former Internet Engineering Task Force head Brian Carpenter.
Mozilla is aiming to create what may be the geekiest world record ever with its upcoming Firefox 3 browser release.
China and the United States were the two largest sources of Internet-attack traffic during the first quarter of 2008, accounting for 30 percent of such traffic, according to Akamai Technologies.
Microsoft has launched a beta service that lets Windows users launch the Sysinternals library of free diagnostic and troubleshooting tools -- including the popular Process Explorer -- from a Web browser.
Google is apparently allowing third-party advertisers to track consumers using the company's ad network, a practice that raised concerns from one privacy advocate.
Symantec Thursday said that "suspicious behavior" by a captured exploit had led it to mistakenly conclude that the most up-to-date standalone versions of Adobe System's Flash Player are vulnerable to ongoing attacks from Chinese servers.
Broadband's increasing status as a critical driver of service industries like health and education means the forthcoming national broadband network must be truly open access with utilities-based pricing at its core, according to a report issued by te...
A New York man was convicted of copyright infringement late last week in the largest criminal music piracy case in the United States.
After warning on Tuesday that hackers were exploiting an unpatched bug in Adobe Systems' Flash Player software, Symantec has backtracked from this claim, saying the flaw is "very similar" to another vulnerability that was patched last month.
Any employee can get in trouble for personal blogging on company time, but US government workers, as one NASA employee has discovered, can get into a special kind of legal trouble if they also write about politics. They risk violating a 1939 US law c...
While consumers and marketers have found that Web 2.0 technologies are a good way to forge closer ties and to virally spread content across the Internet, hate groups and terrorists are now increasingly turning to blogs, video sites and social network...
Yahoo is suing a group of unidentified companies and individuals loosely called the "Yahoo Lottery Spammers" for running e-mail scams that sought victim's personal information and extorted money from purported winners.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD