A harbinger of how US consumers may access the Web for entertainment and information, Roku, Wednesday introduced the first player that streams movies from the online, subscription service Netflix to televisions using open source software. Roku's Netf...
Local victims of Nigerian online scams now have a new ally in the fight against fraud with a partnership between the Queensland Police Service, Nigeria's Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), and industry.
After vague statements over the last weeks about internal investments that will allow it to compete in search without Yahoo, Microsoft on Wednesday laid out more of its vision for improving on its current "underdog" position in search.
Like Facebook before it, MySpace is having to take corrective steps to curb spam from applications built by external developers using its new application development platform.
The FBI is warning Americans looking to send donations in the aftermath of the massive May 12 earthquake in China to beware of a rising number of e-mail scams that tout "relief" efforts.
Although Mozilla hasn't even released the final version of Firefox 3.0, its developers are already hammering out plans for the next edition, which may come as soon as late 2008, according to posts written by company executives.
An anti-malware organization has called on Apple to beef up its Safari Web browser to protect users from exploits that could let attackers download malicious code to a Mac or Windows user's desktop.
The Optus-led group of nine (G9) Consortium has today rebranded itself as Terria.
Telstra has launched a $0 laptop Next G promotion for Telstra business customers. It will be available in conjunction with Harvey Norman, Techhead Interactive and ICT Distribution.
Newly crowed CEO of the Terria consortium Michael Egan has taken a swipe at Telstra's National Broadband Network (NBN) plans, criticising the company for its refusal to permit structural separation.
The UK government could track all emails and phone calls made in the UK, if its plans for a vast centralized database go ahead.
Cisco this week denied allegations that it aided the Chinese government in its effort to censor the Internet.
If ISPs are not trying to be part of the Internet security solution then they are part of the problem and customers should vote with their feet, according to a security officer of a European communications and hosting company.
Executives of Google held an emergency meeting this week to discuss the implications of revived talks between Microsoft and Yahoo, according to a report in The Times in the UK.
Google this week opened its hosted online patient medical records service to the public, seven months after first announcing plans for a foray into health care.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCCommunication LeadVIC