Hurricane Katrina proved a fertile ground for fraudsters to scam money off those willing to help the needy. Now the China earthquake has bred a new variant of the morally reprehensible, with donated funds being siphoned off one charity site.
A security researcher has published a demonstration exploit that takes advantage of the download mechanism in Apple's Safari browser to automatically download files onto a user's system.
Mozilla on Friday rolled out the release candidate for Firefox 3.0, bringing the open-source browser one step closer to its first major overhaul in nearly 19 months.
The first public release of Moonlight, which provides a Linux client implementation of Microsoft's Silverlight rich Internet application (RIA) technology, was made available this week.
A 23-year-old Oregon man has pleaded guilty to charges that he used identity theft to set up bogus accounts on eBay, where he sold counterfeit software with a retail value of more than US$1 million, the US Department of Justice said.
The Max Planck Institute for Software Systems released a study Thursday showing that Cox Communications and Comcast have been blocking BitTorrent transfers within the United States at both peak and non-peak hours.
Europe's data protection supervisor, Peter Hustinx, urged Google Thursday to respect local privacy rules as it prepares to launch its Street View function this side of the Atlantic.
A server problem at the US National Security Agency has knocked the secretive intelligence agency off the Internet.
Yahoo will make available to all developers its Search Monkey platform on Thursday, another step in its wide-ranging effort to open up its sites and services.
One week after hiding Internet Explorer attack code on his Web site, security researcher Aviv Raff has posted details on how to launch the attack.
A Missouri woman whose online taunting was blamed in the 2006 suicide of her 13-year-old neighbor now faces criminal charges.
The industry momentum for data portability brotherhood hit a bump on Thursday when Facebook blocked Google's Friend Connect service from accessing Facebook members' data.
A SQL injection attack that has affected at least a half-million Web sites has entered a "third wave" that's more resistant than previous versions to traditional security measures, according to IBM security researchers.
A botnet is now using a SQL-injection attack tool designed to hack legitimate Web sites, a move meant to add more hijacked PCs to its collection, according to a security researcher.
The US CAN-SPAM law has chewed another alleged spam outfit, this time handing out a world record fine of US$234 million to two individuals.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW