Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has pushed ahead with the controversial [[artid:420013177|national content filtering scheme|ISP filtering]] with a $125.8 million budget allocation announced today.
Microsoft and Research In Motion (RIM) have announced an agreement to provide Microsoft Windows Live services on RIM's BlackBerry smartphones, expected to be available by Winter.
The federal government will pour $270.7 million into regional broadband incentives, [[artid:58489466|two weeks|new]] after it attempted to use the funds for its National Broadband Network (NBN).
Facebook is accused of publishing rule-breaking adverts that push expensive loans to young people, it has emerged.
Trademark-holders have until May 20 to register their company and product names under the new .me domain, which is being marketed as a generic top-level domain by the country of Montenegro.
Microsoft will launch Worldwide Telescope, a tool for exploring images of the night sky, by the end of May, free to anyone who wants to use it, Microsoft's chairman said Friday.
Google is introducing a Web site tool called Friend Connect today that promises to extend the reach of social networks such as Facebook to any site that wants to use the tool. Those sites that decide to use Friend Connect can give visitors a much ric...
The Australian Computer Society (ACS) has called on government to enforce rigid privacy laws on organisations which intercept employee e-mails.
Hackers now have their own social network, backed by GnuCitizen, a high-profile "ethical hacking" group.
It may not have been the greatest hack ever, but police say the malicious software sneaked onto restaurant chain Dave & Buster's corporate network was good enough to earn criminals hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Google is releasing a preview version of Friend Connect, a service designed to let Web publishers add social networking features to their sites.
More than half a million Web sites have been compromised in a new round of attacks that hacked domains in order to infect unsuspecting users' PCs with a variety of malware, a security researcher said today.
Good news for users of Windows Vista. According to figures compiled by PC Tools, the OS has experienced only slightly more vulnerabilities than Windows 2000, which appeared eight years ago when malware was far less common.
The proposed IEEE wireless LAN mesh specification is already getting some traction, though still over 18 months from final ratification, thanks to early experimentation by the One Laptop Per Child Foundation and a recently launched open source projec...
Microsoft's Windows Vista is 37 per cent more secure than its Windows XP ancestor, a security vendor claimed Friday, a rate it hinted was disappointing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT