Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has pushed ahead with the controversial [[artid:420013177|national content filtering scheme|ISP filtering]] with a $125.8 million budget allocation announced today.
Microsoft and Research In Motion (RIM) have announced an agreement to provide Microsoft Windows Live services on RIM's BlackBerry smartphones, expected to be available by Winter.
The federal government will pour $270.7 million into regional broadband incentives, [[artid:58489466|two weeks|new]] after it attempted to use the funds for its National Broadband Network (NBN).
Facebook is accused of publishing rule-breaking adverts that push expensive loans to young people, it has emerged.
Trademark-holders have until May 20 to register their company and product names under the new .me domain, which is being marketed as a generic top-level domain by the country of Montenegro.
Microsoft will launch Worldwide Telescope, a tool for exploring images of the night sky, by the end of May, free to anyone who wants to use it, Microsoft's chairman said Friday.
Google is introducing a Web site tool called Friend Connect today that promises to extend the reach of social networks such as Facebook to any site that wants to use the tool. Those sites that decide to use Friend Connect can give visitors a much ric...
The Australian Computer Society (ACS) has called on government to enforce rigid privacy laws on organisations which intercept employee e-mails.
Hackers now have their own social network, backed by GnuCitizen, a high-profile "ethical hacking" group.
It may not have been the greatest hack ever, but police say the malicious software sneaked onto restaurant chain Dave & Buster's corporate network was good enough to earn criminals hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Google is releasing a preview version of Friend Connect, a service designed to let Web publishers add social networking features to their sites.
More than half a million Web sites have been compromised in a new round of attacks that hacked domains in order to infect unsuspecting users' PCs with a variety of malware, a security researcher said today.
Good news for users of Windows Vista. According to figures compiled by PC Tools, the OS has experienced only slightly more vulnerabilities than Windows 2000, which appeared eight years ago when malware was far less common.
The proposed IEEE wireless LAN mesh specification is already getting some traction, though still over 18 months from final ratification, thanks to early experimentation by the One Laptop Per Child Foundation and a recently launched open source projec...
Microsoft's Windows Vista is 37 per cent more secure than its Windows XP ancestor, a security vendor claimed Friday, a rate it hinted was disappointing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW