While Yahoo would have given Microsoft's Internet business an immediate boost, Microsoft has closed that chapter and is focused on moving forward, a Microsoft official said Tuesday.
Google is maneuvering to make its Google Reader RSS tool more social by adding features that let users share specific content -- and add notes about why they are sharing it.
WabiSabiLabi, the company best known for building an online marketplace for security flaws, is getting into the hardware business.
Microsoft continues to eat its own dog food to promote the adoption of its Silverlight technology.
Microsoft should consider putting its search-advertising endeavors on the back burner for now and attempt an end run at Google by trying to become a leader in the display-, video- and mobile-advertising markets, where no company is a clear leader yet...
Web 2.0 software developers ranked Microsoft's MSN/Live Windows developer program higher than competing programs offered by Internet leaders Google, Yahoo, Amazon, eBay, Facebook and PayPal, according to results of an Evans Data report released Monda...
Microsoft's three-month courtship of Yahoo has ended but it changed both companies forever and neither can expect to return to the way they were.
Several Radio Free Europe Web sites were knocked off the Internet a week ago in a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack that the news organization's spokesman compared to attempts decades ago by the Soviet Union to jam the US-funded group's rad...
Security researchers have discovered a complex spamming scheme that hijacks users' PCs in order to attempt to send junk mail via university and military systems.
Apple's ploy to gain browser market share by pushing Safari to users with an update tool normally used for security fixes failed to boost its overall share, a Web metrics company said.
Mozilla Messaging has patched five bugs in its Thunderbird e-mail client to fix flaws that were disclosed more than a month ago.
The Chinese government is demanding that US-owned hotels there filter Internet service during the upcoming Olympic Games in Beijing, US Senator Sam Brownback has alleged.
A former US military contractor has pleaded guilty to exceeding authorized access to a computer and aggravated identity theft after he was accused of selling names and Social Security numbers of 17,000 military employees, the US Department of Justice...
Google adwords account holders are being targeted by criminals out to trick them into handing over credit card information using a clever URL spoof that has gained popularity in recent weeks.
The bounceback e-mail messages come in at a trickle, maybe one or two every hour. The subject lines are disquieting: "Cyails, Vygara nad Levytar," "UNSOLICITED BULK EMAIL, apparently from you."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT