Security vendor PC Tools has questioned the usefulness of the threat lists used by many security companies to warn of current malware attacks.
Six Apart, which hosts the popular Movable Type and TypePad blogging tools, Wednesday unveiled a tool it said allows Facebook users to post to multiple blogs or micro-blogs across the Web from within the social network.
A search company founded by ex-Google and IBM employees landed US$25 million in new venture funding this week, but remains in stealth mode with no indication of when its technology will be publicly available.
America Online Tuesday announced that it has acquired Sphere Source, a provider of contextual-search tools that offers related content to publishers.
Telstra has met the requirements of the Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy for the shutdown of the CDMA network, which will be switched off permanently on April 28.
Curl next week plans to unveil a beta version of a runtime tool that it said will help large organizations extend Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) to run on the desktop.
According to opponents and proponents of Broadband over Power Lines, the technology is unlikely to gain a foothold in the commercial access space but is finding a niche as a networking technology inside the home.
Deployment of Australia's national fibre backbone could begin as early as October when the government is slated to announce the winner of the tender [[xref:http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;665948421|announced Friday]].
ActiveX controls accounted for an overwhelming majority of all browser plug-in vulnerabilities in the second half of 2007, Symantec said this week in its semi-annual Web security report.
eBay is using its massive market share to lock users into paying for purchases through its fee-based PayPal service.
A new bot can crack defenses erected by Microsoft to keep spammers from creating large numbers of accounts on its Live Hotmail service within seconds, a security researcher said Friday.
A new Facebook plug-in to be released this weekend will allow users to monitor and delete cookies created by the Facebook Beacon advertising system. The cookies are used by Facebook to inform a user's friends about his or her purchases.
MySpace has launched the MySpace Developer Platform site which will allow external software developers the chance to build applications for its users.
Earlier this month, New Zealand completed its second Cyber Storm. Although the results of Cyber Storm II are not expected to be made public until August, some of the participants shared their thoughts on the experience at the RSA Conference in San Fr...
The black market for software vulnerabilities is booming, with bugs regularly being sold for thousands of dollars a piece online. And one of the only ways to reduce this steady stream of hacks, according to Geekonomics author and IT security pro Davi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 2 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 3 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT30 Tough camera
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
- Optus fends off Foxtel triple play with discounted Internet bundles
- ‘Backbone’ to NBN Co’s regional Internet network completed
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality
- IDF keynote: from stylish wearables to wireless laptop charging
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW