A security problem with MySpace has the potential to botch up law-enforcement efforts to track bad actors on the social-networking site.
Apple has issued a security patch for its Safari Web browser, fixing the flaw that earned one security researcher $US10,000 at the CanSecWest security conference.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has released a three-strand approach to regulating Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services which includes the introduction of a compliance program.
A major upgrade to Google's Urchin Web analytics server software has finally shipped after a delay of about three-and-a-half years.
Curl Wednesday announced support for Ubuntu Linux, which will allow desktop Ubuntu users to easily see Curl-enhanced Web content on their computers without having to manually configure a player.
Security vendor PC Tools has questioned the usefulness of the threat lists used by many security companies to warn of current malware attacks.
Six Apart, which hosts the popular Movable Type and TypePad blogging tools, Wednesday unveiled a tool it said allows Facebook users to post to multiple blogs or micro-blogs across the Web from within the social network.
A search company founded by ex-Google and IBM employees landed US$25 million in new venture funding this week, but remains in stealth mode with no indication of when its technology will be publicly available.
America Online Tuesday announced that it has acquired Sphere Source, a provider of contextual-search tools that offers related content to publishers.
Telstra has met the requirements of the Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy for the shutdown of the CDMA network, which will be switched off permanently on April 28.
Curl next week plans to unveil a beta version of a runtime tool that it said will help large organizations extend Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) to run on the desktop.
According to opponents and proponents of Broadband over Power Lines, the technology is unlikely to gain a foothold in the commercial access space but is finding a niche as a networking technology inside the home.
Deployment of Australia's national fibre backbone could begin as early as October when the government is slated to announce the winner of the tender [[xref:http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;665948421|announced Friday]].
ActiveX controls accounted for an overwhelming majority of all browser plug-in vulnerabilities in the second half of 2007, Symantec said this week in its semi-annual Web security report.
eBay is using its massive market share to lock users into paying for purchases through its fee-based PayPal service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW