Emerging business technologies will fuel the security solutions market to double-digit compound annual growth rate of about $US1.6 billion by 2011, according to IDC.
Nortel has begun discussions with potential takeover targets, according to a Reuters report citing an interview with CEO Mike Zafirovski.
Security consultancy iSec Partners this week detailed half a dozen ways to compromise VoIP-based phone systems based on the H.323 and Inter Asterisk eXchange protocols.
People who use online e-mail or social-networking sites at Wi-Fi hotspots could risk having their accounts hijacked.
The use of social networking sites worldwide has grown substantially in the past year, with some sites seeing total visits increase as much as 270 percent, according to a study released Tuesday by Internet measurement company ComScore.
The move towards Web 2.0 technologies may well be another race between functionality and security, and for now at least, security seems to be at the tail end.
Mozilla's CEO Thursday evening answered charges that the company is dropping development of the Thunderbird e-mail client because of its partnership with Google.
Microsoft's CEO emphasized the importance of attracting talent and urged shareholders to be patient with the amount of time it might take the company to pursue its various business models, speaking during Microsoft's annual financial analyst meeting ...
Virgin Mobile Australia has launched Virgin Broadband, a broadband Internet package which it says is geared for the average household.
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg will defend against copyright-infringement allegations on Wednesday, when his lawyers ask a judge to dismiss a complaint filed by three former classmates of Zuckerberg who say he stole the idea for the social-networki...
Femtocells, an emerging technology for improving cellular coverage in homes and enterprises, have attracted the interest of none other than Google.
Social networking site Facebook has bought Parakey, a tiny startup that had been developing software it bills as a Web-based operating system.
The working group for the emerging IEEE 802.20 mobile broadband standard, which was suspended last year after a fight over members' real company affiliations, has changed its voting rules.
"Ed," a retired spammer, built a considerable fortune sending e-mails that promoted pills, porn and casinos. At the peak of his power, Ed says he pulled in US$10,000 to US$15,000 a week, storing the money in US$20 bills in stacks of boxes.
It probably comes as no surprise that Google was selected as the number one development in e-commerce over the past 10 years by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), an industry trade group.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCSAP ABAP DeveloperNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia