Many people are dismissive of Wikipedia. For example, back in 2005, as quoted in the Ideas in Action blog, Robert McHenry, a former editor-in-chief of the Encyclopedia Britannica, argued: "Many revisions, corrections, and updates are badly done or fa...
Dell's Streak may look like a smartphone, and you can make phone calls on it, but its form factor means it's a hybrid device that sits somewhere between a largish touchscreen phone like the HTC Desire and Apple's iPad tablet.
Safari 5 ups the ante in the browser wars, with two major improvements: a performance boost to rival speed king Chrome, the highly useful Safari Reader, which makes it much easier to read multi-page Web articles.
A mobile 3G Wi-Fi router that will initially be sold exclusively through official Apple retail stores, NetComm's MyZone has been touted by the company as an ideal accessory for the Apple iPad tablet. The MyZone scores points for its stylish, compact ...
The Telstra T-Box is a personal video recorder (PVR) with a 320GB internal hard drive and two high-definition digital television tuners. The T-Box, due for release later this month, also has access (when connected to the Internet via Telstra's BigPon...
Apple's iPad is finally here. Neither a smartphone nor a laptop, the iPad is Apple's attempt to create a new category of device that sits in between the two. It's expensive, there are plenty of hardware flaws and missing features, and there is a lack...
Billion's BiPAC 5200S RD is an ADSL2+ modem with router functionality. It's tiny (some would say pocket-sized) and has a single Ethernet port and no built-in wireless access point. That means it can't be used to distribute an Internet connection on i...
Now that the Windows world is weaning itself from Internet Explorer, another serious alternative exists alongside Google Chrome and Apple Safari as an alternative to Mozilla Firefox.
Netgear’s RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Modem Router (DGND3300v2) is an all-in-one wireless router with a built in ADSL2+ modem. It has a dual-band capability that allows it to run 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks simultaneously; this can be a bless...
The 3 Mobile Broadband Internet Key E1553 is an entry-level broadband USB modem. Though its specifications are less impressive than the similar E1756 Internet key, the E1553 proved to be more stable and often faster during our tests.
3 Mobile's latest Broadband Internet Key is the E1756, a straightforward device that’s easy to set up and use. Plug-and-play installation, a microSD card memory slot and access to Telstra's Next G network when roaming are some of the notable features...
A portable, battery-powered wireless router, Edimax's 3G-6210n allows users to share a 3G broadband connection. Also compatible with a standard ADSL or cable Internet connection, the Edimax 3G-6210n is a handy device for travellers, but it requires a...
Google Buzz is a service that adds social-networking to the Gmail webmail service. We took Google Buzz for a ride to find out what it is, how to get it, and why it is different from Facebook and Twitter.
Telstra's Elite Mobile Broadband card is an ExpressCard that doubles as a regular PC Card. Though USB modems have largely replaced ExpressCards in the consumer market, Telstra claims there is still demand for ExpressCards in the business market and t...
The sight of a blank page in any design program can be daunting, and that's the first screen that SiteSpinner Standard presents to the user. But the text-based (as opposed to video) tutorials will get most people up and running rather quickly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD