Vodafone and Telstra have recently launching new mobile broadband solutions, and now Optus has also followed suit.
Broadband - Reviews
As we've seen time and again, in an increasing number of enterprise software categories, open source has become a promising alternative to commercial software. But there's no free ride.
Vodafone Australia today announced price cuts to its range of mobile broadband plans. Vodafone customers on the telco's 5GB and 1GB per month plans will save $10. The 5GB plan will now cost $39.95 per month, while the 1GB plan will be $19.95.
Linksys’ first simultaneous dual-band 802.11n router is one of the best on the market, providing a bevy of features and blisteringly fast speeds.
For its asking price, ASUS’ DSL-N13 offers a fair whack of value. It is easy to set up and maintain, but poor local throughput and Internet speeds are big deterrents.
Lightbox Photo is a server-based software tool that allows you to create your own image-sales site. It was originally designed to allow photographers to set up their own stock libraries rather than signing with Corbis or Getty – but it will interest ...
With built-in Wi-Fi now a regular feature of the latest PCs and notebooks, the role of the humble USB adapter is somewhat diminishing. However, with the expansion of 802.11 draft-n Wi-Fi into homes over both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, chances are your co...
The DIR-855 Xtreme N Duo Media Router is the pinnacle of D-Link’s home networking range, providing simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi over both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands for an optimal connection. It is over the top for simple Internet routing but for a home w...
The Internet is a scary place. Criminal malware lurks on legitimate and illegitimate Web sites alike, looking to steal your money one way or the other. Vendors have been scratching their collective heads attempting to make more consumers safer, more ...
For some time now, Norton security products have been saddled, not unfairly, with the reputation of being hardware resource hogs, slowing down every PC they're installed on. The situation was exacerbated further by the arrival of Vista. But no more. ...
Telstra’s Turbo 7+ Series USB Modem is the latest Next G-compatible device from the telco, providing HSDPA-enabled 3G Internet in a tiny package. Data costs and inadequate support for Mac users may deter people, but this device offers great speeds an...
'Total Security' is a bold claim, so BitDefender Total Security 2009 has a lot to live up to -- and, by and large, it does.
Billing itself as ‘the complete all-in-one Web site design tool’, NetObjects Fusion 11 aims to fit snugly between the lofty space held by Adobe’s pricey but impressive Dreamweaver and a slew of lower-end budget applications, such as Serif’s WebPlus 1...
Among the highlights of Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) are a simplified workflow system, new tools for integrating Flash animations into projects, and expanded support for community features.
Panda Security's latest domestic range comprises three products: Antivirus Pro 2009, Internet Security 2009 and Global Protection 2009.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk Support (CISCO)QLD
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CCNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- FTSolution Designer l Microsoft SMENSW
- FTCustomer Support ManagerSA
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)WA
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC