MySpace.com unveils the top 10 apps that Aussie's go to for their entertainment fix.
Broadband - Slideshows
Protesters held rallies across Australian capital cities today to oppose the government's national clean feed Internet scheme, which will impose blanket content filtering for all web connections
Telstra has devoted over three years and some 900 engineers to designing a national fibre network, and Acaltel has chipped-in 1000 of its own engineers who have devoted an estimated 1.5 million hours on the project. Telstra offered a glimpse of some of the technology behind its $10B bid for the National Broadband Network (NBN)
Spread some festive cheer this month by adding a Christmas application to your Facebook profile
Web celebrities and gadget gurus keep their followers up to date in 140 characters or less
After an Internet-wide search, here are the 11 blogs that depressed -- er, uh -- impressed us the most with their lameness.
The greatest geeky gourds
Social networking is the killer Internet app, but it can also lead directly to identity theft.
A compilation of the most notorious convicted spammers
More examples of Evan Roth's "X-ray" art, which he intends to be a silent protest of overly intrusive airport security.
You can create a simple add-on for your router's antenna that will boost and focus the wireless signal. We show you how.
Facebook, since its mistakes with the Beacon advertising incident, has rolled out one of the most robust security systems for any social network, which allows users to control who sees what information about them with great specificity. Take a look at Facebook's privacy features and how to set yours.
Feeding the Twitter addiction
This slideshow complements the interview with James Fallows, who has experienced "The Great Firewall of China" firsthand. What follows is a list of the differences between the Internet, as seen in the US vs. China.
"Social" sites are not enough. Watch your "inbox" on LinkedIn or any of the other social sites, and you'll see floods of invitations from nervous IT professionals looking to build up some connections before the big job hunt. But people who survived the last tech bubble are taking a few more important steps. It's more important to butter people up than just to collect social network links.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDesktop SupportNSW
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior CISCO Network EngineerQLD
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamic AXQLD
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA
- CCBusiness Analyst/Systems Analyst (DW/BI)ACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- TPAndroid Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW