Telstra has devoted over three years and some 900 engineers to designing a national fibre network, and Acaltel has chipped-in 1000 of its own engineers who have devoted an estimated 1.5 million hours on the project. Telstra offered a glimpse of some of the technology behind its $10B bid for the National Broadband Network (NBN)
Telstra today unveiled plans to release the fastest mobile broadband modem in the world, capable of reaching peak network downlink speeds of 21 megabits per second (Mbps).
Broadband subscribers all over the world are getting more for their money. The cost for cable, fiber and DSL (digital subscriber line) subscriptions are all dropping, and at the same time speeds are increasing, according to market research company Point Topic.
The Federal Government has pledged to fast-track infrastructure building, and Telstra [ASX: TLS] wants it to start with the National Broadband Network [NBN].
Australian Internet Service Providers should embrace Internet Protocol Television and collaborate with each other to offer IPTV as it will become a killer application in the new National Broadband Network (NBN) environment, according to research company IDC.
The wireless broadband market is heating up, with Unwired Australia announcing an overhaul of its wireless broadband pre-paid pricing.
If you need wireless broadband, but don’t have a PC card to slot in a modem, Vodafone’s new USB Internet Stick mobile broadband service might be what you’re looking for.
You've got to hand it to the Canadians. Not only do they come up with great hockey, outstanding comedians and my friend Dave Keck (an up-and-coming science fiction writer) they've also generated one of the most innovative ideas ever for last-mile connectivity.
World Youth Day (WYD) looks set to have offered more than just salvation for pilgrims and inner-city chaos for the rest of Sydney, with some of the massive IT infrastructure behind the event earmarked for redistribution among Australian Catholic schools.
Telstra, in conjunction with Netcomm and Sierra Wireless, has released a portable HSDPA, Wi-Fi and Ethernet router that can be used to share an Internet connection wherever there is Next G mobile network coverage.
If you've just upgraded from ADSL to ADSL2+ broadband, you may want to check your line filters. Chances are that you're not getting the speed you should be.
In a classic case of ingenuity and adaptability, university students stranded by this week's [[artid:795451093|Optus network failure in Queensland|new]] have taken to Instant Messaging (IM) and Skype to talk interstate.
State governments, major telcos and regional interests groups are among the 30 industry submissions detailing how the National Broadband Network (NBN) should be delivered to regional Australia.
A new undersea fiber-optic cable linking Japan and Russia went into service this week providing the first direct link between the two countries and an alternate cable route between Europe and Asia.
Researchers at the University of Sydney have developed technology that could boost the throughput of existing networks by 100-fold without costing the consumer any more, and its all thanks to a scratch on a piece of glass.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra plans new wireless modem, upgrade to network speed
- Worldwide broadband prices continue to drop
- Telstra urges Gov't to fast-track NBN first
- ISPs must plan for IPTV
- Wireless broadband war: Unwired fights back
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW