A look at the greatest all time Data Center controversies in the history of the networking industry.
Most of us take it for granted that we can check e-mail with our mobile phones. But not long ago, this was a truly disruptive technology that changed how we did business and stayed in touch when we were away from home and the office.
New companies have to be brash to enter the network security market, given that the industry has witnessed an explosion in creativity over the past five years and considering that big players such as Microsoft and IBM increasingly are throwing their ...
Discerning typesetters have long relied on Tex and LaTeX for impeccable-looking documents. Now they have a front-end that works under Linux and BSD and brings control of the compilers and related utilities under the comprehensive graphical user inter...
We've been watching the romance develop between OCS (Office Communications Server 2007) and Exchange Server 2007 since OCS became available in beta earlier this year. When OCS finally came of age last month, we brought the mature couple together for ...
Ever since the social networking site of Facebook opened itself up to outside development, there has been a flurry of Facebook applications created by independent programmers and companies.
Remember the old philosophical puzzler: If a tree falls down in a forest and nobody is there to hear it, are we sure it made a sound? With Tuesday's launch of Office Communications Server 2007, Microsoft is trying to render centuries of existential d...
With 46 million active users and over 300 Employees, Facebook could easily be called the new star of Social Networking.
The concrete and plaster in his Rathdrum, Idaho, house blocks Wi-Fi signals. But computer consultant Marc Schoenberg found a way to network the six devices in his house without stringing Ethernet cables: He uses powerline adapters.
It's the ideal coffee shop toy for music lovers: A wireless media player that connects directly to an online music service. Besides the usual playback capabilities, the device's built-in Wi-Fi enables you to play Internet radio. If you hear a song yo...
Web security is at the top of customers' minds after many well-publicized personal data breaches, but the people who actually build Web applications aren't paying much attention to security, experts say.
The new book "Securing VoIP Networks", the vulnerable side of VoIP
Depending on how you calculate it, the Web has been around for between 15 and 17 years--which makes it old enough to ask for the car keys, but still an awkward teenager growing toward maturity. Yet it already has a long and storied history (and some ...
The current explosion of AJAX-powered Web sites has helped spawn countless next-generation Web apps offering everything from simple to-do lists to complex project management, not to mention the ability to share all kinds of things -- documents, calen...
Quick, what's the most influential piece of hardware from the early days of computing? The IBM 360 mainframe? The DEC PDP-1 minicomputer? Maybe earlier computers such as Binac, ENIAC or Univac? Or, going way back to the 1800s, is it the Babbage Diffe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- New NBN proposal promises faster Internet for homes and businesses
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW