Some of the world's top network engineers are engaged in a research effort that could lead to the most radical redesign of the Internet's underlying routing architecture since it was developed in the 1980s.
Broadband Advisor - Features
Bad guys don't target just big, corporate networks. If you have a Wi-Fi network at home or in a small office, intruders may be after you, such as casual "war drivers" who troll city streets, looking for unprotected wireless networks.
We all know that in the technology world, the hype about new products often doesn't match reality. So it's fair to ask: Is the iPhone as good as its hype? In particular, does iPhone's much-discussed touch-screen interface really make using the device...
For a decade, IPv6 proponents have pushed this upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol because of its three primary benefits: a gargantuan address space, end-to-end security, and easier network administration through automatic device c...
If you think migrating to IPv6 is as simple as upgrading to Microsoft Windows Vista, think again.
Like other public companies that handle credit cards, TiVo faces a double whammy: meeting the requirements of the Sarbanes Oxley Act and the Payment Card Industry data security standard. Through a savvy combination of proactive auditor relations, aut...
My former graduate student Steven Zeligman has just submitted another article for the column. Here are his practical suggestions (with the usual editing from me) on improving the security of shopping online.
Tucked into an affidavit filed by an FBI agent last month was the first hard evidence that federal agents are equipped with more than automatic pistols and handcuffs: The agency was asking a federal judge to let it infect a PC with spyware so they co...
The war between Telstra and the Australian Competition and Communications Commission (ACCC) has escalated and there's still no solid vision of a high-speed Australian broadband network or pricing plan.
Everyone has an idea on how to roll out the national broadband scheme, but who's promising what?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- New NBN proposal promises faster Internet for homes and businesses
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- CCERP LeadWA
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- TPSharePoint SpecialistQLD
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)SA
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD