Some of the world's top network engineers are engaged in a research effort that could lead to the most radical redesign of the Internet's underlying routing architecture since it was developed in the 1980s.
Bad guys don't target just big, corporate networks. If you have a Wi-Fi network at home or in a small office, intruders may be after you, such as casual "war drivers" who troll city streets, looking for unprotected wireless networks.
We all know that in the technology world, the hype about new products often doesn't match reality. So it's fair to ask: Is the iPhone as good as its hype? In particular, does iPhone's much-discussed touch-screen interface really make using the device...
For a decade, IPv6 proponents have pushed this upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol because of its three primary benefits: a gargantuan address space, end-to-end security, and easier network administration through automatic device c...
If you think migrating to IPv6 is as simple as upgrading to Microsoft Windows Vista, think again.
Like other public companies that handle credit cards, TiVo faces a double whammy: meeting the requirements of the Sarbanes Oxley Act and the Payment Card Industry data security standard. Through a savvy combination of proactive auditor relations, aut...
My former graduate student Steven Zeligman has just submitted another article for the column. Here are his practical suggestions (with the usual editing from me) on improving the security of shopping online.
Tucked into an affidavit filed by an FBI agent last month was the first hard evidence that federal agents are equipped with more than automatic pistols and handcuffs: The agency was asking a federal judge to let it infect a PC with spyware so they co...
The war between Telstra and the Australian Competition and Communications Commission (ACCC) has escalated and there's still no solid vision of a high-speed Australian broadband network or pricing plan.
Everyone has an idea on how to roll out the national broadband scheme, but who's promising what?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- New NBN proposal promises faster Internet for homes and businesses
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCProgram Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW