Even as the Web has become more entertaining -- and certainly better looking -- over the past 15 years, it has also become much more useful and practical, as the 100 sites in this feature will demonstrate.
Over the last few years, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and other organizations looking to eliminate the illegal swapping of digital media files have attacked the problem through the courts, publicity campaigns, and other means....
More examples of Evan Roth's "X-ray" art, which he intends to be a silent protest of overly intrusive airport security.
As we get older, we realize what a surprisingly big part of our happiness simple fitness and health habits play. A growing number of sites help people to manage their diet, exercise, and health issues, and give them a way to rap with others doing the...
With the advent of Web 2.0, news sites have changed, and stayed the same. "Social news" sites like Digg and Mixx let members aggregate their own favorite lists of stories, and vote stories up or down. Also included are some traditional news sites tha...
Facebook, since its mistakes with the Beacon advertising incident, has rolled out one of the most robust security systems for any social network, which allows users to control who sees what information about them with great specificity. Take a look a...
Mozilla's second alpha of Firefox 3.1 is upping the ante in the next-generation browser battle. So how do the main contenders stack up so far now? One thing's for sure, the Firefox team has taken note of Google's recent Chrome release and worked hard...
Where's the search history button?
In case you haven't noticed, it's an election year in the US.
The first beta of Chrome, Google's long-in-development Internet browser, became available Tuesday afternoon for Windows Vista and XP users, with Mac and Linux editions soon to follow.
Last month, a federal judge ruled that eBay had fulfilled its obligations to investigate and control users who were trying to use its Web site to sell counterfeit Tiffany goods -- a decision that put the onus on Tiffany to monitor eBay's site itself.
Sure, it looks easy enough. Post a video of yourself wiggling your butt on Wii Fit, dancing your way across the globe, or practising your Jedi Knight moves, and -- presto! You're the next Web sensation, swept along by the viral nature of the Internet...
The Internet's a noisy place, with media giants and bedroom pundits alike broadcasting their thoughts on anything from the meaning of life to the price of fish. But who's worth a listen?
We've already looked at the best dual-mode VoIP phones currently on the market, but there's still a confusing array of voice over IP service options. Like traditional telephony, VoIP isn't limited to a single provider.
New social network players say don't call "game over" simply because MySpace and Facebook are pulling in about 70 per cent of the Web traffic that's headed toward the top 57 social networking sites. Scrappy new players are devising engagement strateg...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- New NBN proposal promises faster Internet for homes and businesses
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia