Google's new Secure Data Connector could result in a plethora of tie-ups between its productivity software and a range of enterprise applications and data sources.
The federal government -- on the back of its NBN announcement -- also released a regulatory reform discussion paper to seek public comment on ways to improve telecommunications regulations.
3 Mobile will expand its roaming coverage and introduce new roaming pricing for users from mid April.
The Federal Government this morning unveiled its plans for the National Broadband Network (NBN). Spanning eight years and projected to cost $43 billion with split ownership between the Australian government and private telcos, the network will provid...
Despite criticism the big ISPs have shunned the Federal Government's Internet filter trial, Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has declared Optus has jumped on-board.
An ISP participating in the Federal Government's controversial Internet filtering trial has claimed the Australian public is missing the point of the scheme.
Next-generation DSL systems will enable bandwidths of more than 500M bits per second by bonding many copper lines and using advanced noise cancellation, Ericsson said on Monday.
Security company Sophos has lashed out at the BBC for commandeering some 22,000 computers earlier this month, claiming the move was a reckless breach of privacy that could inspire a wave of vigilante copycats.
Telstra today announced sweeping upgrades to its national Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC), or cable, network which will see 1.8 million Melbourne homes receive Internet access speeds of up to 100Mpbs by years' end.
Only a small percentage of the Internet supports the emerging protocol IPv6 despite the technology being mandated by the US government.
Optus has announced it will offer naked DSL broadband, following the lead set by ISPs such as iiNet and Internode.
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) and Microsoft have brought the ThinkUKnow education program to Australia. The program, which originated in the UK, is aimed at educating parents and teachers about how to keep kids away from online predators and ot...
The DEMO 09 conference launched 39 promising new technologies for consumers and businesses, with each presenter being given a scant six minutes to make their pitch to 500 attendees. Here are highlights from five notable presentations.
Telstra has launched what it claims is the world’s fastest mobile broadband service, with peak download speeds of 21Mbps and with the intention of increasing it to 42Mbps later this year.
Cisco Wednesday issued a security alert warning of a quartet of vulnerabilities affecting all of its wireless LAN controllers, including the Catalyst 6500 and 7600 wireless modules, with software version 4.2 or higher.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- New NBN proposal promises faster Internet for homes and businesses
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCAutomation Test Engineer with Baseline clearance (or higher)VIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTDesign and Engineering - Technical WriterWA
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT