The nonprofit group Consumer Watchdog asked that Google give users of its search engine the ability to "opt out" of leaving personal data, such as IP addresses, on Google's servers.
Microsoft has been rumored for some time to be renaming its Live Search "Kumo" in 2009. However, a trademark application the company filed this month suggests Microsoft may use the name for more than just its search engine.
Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has admonished Telstra for failing to bid for the National Broadband Network (NBN), and said its executives will now have to face up to shareholders.
Microsoft will add features to the next version of Internet Explorer to make it more accessible to disabled users of the Web, the company said Thursday.
Protests erupted across Australian capital cities on Saturday in opposition to the government's $70 million national clean feed Internet scheme, which will impose blanket content filtering for all Web connections.
Australian Governments of all levels have jointly released a framework to accelerate the development and use of broadband in Australia to ensure the country remains domestically and internationally competitive.
Three months after its release, Google appears ready to take its Chrome Web browser out of beta.
A little over a year ago, my colleagues and I modeled current and projected Internet capacity and anticipated demand to see if the curves ever crossed. The short answer: Yes, sometime before 2012, access (though not core) capacity would no longer be ...
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) yesterday arrested and charged two Brisbane men with money laundering offences linked to a BitTorrent tracker site. A $54,000 bank account belonging to one of the men was subsequently frozen.
Opponents to the government's Internet content filtering scheme will take to the streets in a series of protests planned in Australia's capital cities.
The World Internet Project has released the results of its first ever global survey of Internet use.
Only one third of UK IT professionals are using social and professional networking sites to find their next IT positions.
The Australian Communications Consumers Action Network (ACCAN) will be the new voice for consumers in the embattled telecommunications industry following a $700,000 government grant announced Monday.
TV network CBS has become the latest big name to have it website used to host malware, a security company has reported.
The market share of Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) dropped under the 70 percent mark last month for the first time since Web metrics vendor Net Applications started keeping tabs on browsers, the company said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- New NBN proposal promises faster Internet for homes and businesses
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW