Microsoft Monday said it would patch a vulnerability in third-party anti-piracy software bundled with Windows after it acknowledged that hackers are already exploiting the bug.
Physicists at the University of California, Berkeley, have built the world's smallest radio out of single carbon nanotube one ten-thousandth the width of a human hair.
Microsoft is positioning its upcoming Windows Server 2008 operating system as a bonanza that, for Web hosting companies, stacks up well against the rival Linux platform, Microsoft officials said.
Google's introduction of its Android device operating system and Open Handset Alliance on Monday could help create just the breed of mobile Linux platform that many enterprise IT managers have been waiting for, industry experts contend.
ESET Australia has announced it is offering Australian owners of antivirus suites a free cross grade to its new Smart Security product.
The House Committee on the Judiciary last week apologized to would-be government whistle-blowers for accidentally exposing their e-mail addresses to other individuals who, like them, had used a committee Web site to secretly submit tips about alleged...
IBM is falling behind competitors EMC, Microsoft and Oracle in Web content management capabilities, analyst firm CMS Watch argues in a new report.
Google and several other technology companies plan to unveil a new mobile platform called Android on Monday, according to a statement from the company. The system is expected to yield an actual phone in the second half of 2008.
New Zealand lawyer Peter Dengate Thrush was elected chairman of the Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and numbers (ICANN), the body that regulates the technical structure of the internet, last week.
Every single move you make online can, and often is, tracked by online marketers and advertising networks that gather and use the information for serving up targeted advertisements.
It doesn't include planned Leopard enhancements, but Firefox developers have released an update to their open-source software, fixing bugs that had been causing the browser to crash at startup, render Web pages improperly or disable add-ons for some ...
Leopard's firewall is confusing, inconsistent, switched off by default and incompatible with some applications, a security researcher said after analyzing the new security tool.
Until recently, the business news media fawned over the Second Life online virtual world. Stories fixated on Second Life "residents" who got rich brokering virtual real estate, or on the numerous corporations and consumer brands rushing to claim thei...
The first-ever "fake codec" Trojan malware for the Apple Macintosh was identified yesterday by Intego, a maker of Internet security software for the Mac.
A Trojan horse targeting Macs -- among the rarest of security events -- has been spotted on numerous pornographic Web sites, researchers said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- New NBN proposal promises faster Internet for homes and businesses
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/J2EE) 160511/AP/522Asia
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC