Mozilla Labs, a research arm of Mozilla, has released software that lets users strip a Web application from its enclosing browser and then work with the app as if it were a traditional desktop program.
Broadband Advisor - News
ASUS has announced its low cost Eee PC will be available in Australia just in time for the silly season, with a recommended retail price of $499.
The security features introduced in Apple's Leopard operating system need work.
Cisco Systems and Indian services company Wipro are collaborating to offer customers IT infrastructure services that combine Cisco's networking equipment with Wipro's infrastructure and managed services.
It wouldn't be Halloween without the zombie-creating Storm malware up to some mischief.
Belatedly recognizing the importance of social networking as an online service and advertising vehicle, Google this week will unleash its strongest response yet to the rising threat and skyrocketing popularity of MySpace and Facebook.
Spammers are using a virtual stripper as bait to dupe people into helping criminals crack codes they need to send more spam or boost the rankings of parasitic Web sites, security researchers said Tuesday.
Google's stock broke through the US$700 mark on Wednesday, after press reports that the search engine giant is in advanced talks with US wireless carriers over adoption of mobile phone software Google is reportedly developing.
The Storm Worm botnet network may be shrinking in size, but it has managed to send out 15 million of those annoying audio spam messages in October, according to antispam vendor, MessageLabs.
McAfee will acquire ScanAlert, a Web application security vendor, for US$51 million, the companies announced this week.
IBM and networking provider Alcatel-Lucent are teaming up to take Microsoft head-on in the unified communications market.
The Google phone is inching closer to reality, with wireless handhelds running Google applications and operating software expected in the first half of 2008, several industry analysts said this week.
Yahoo, disconcertingly unable to develop a popular social networking site, will try to accentuate the social networking capabilities of Yahoo Messenger when it releases on Tuesday a beta upgrade of this widely used instant messaging service.
Google will come out in mid-2008 with a mobile phone platform that incorporates a variety of Google online services and lets outside developers create applications, The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.
U.K. mobile phone operator Hutchison 3G UK rolled out the Skypephone this week, a handset designed to simplify use of the Skype VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) application.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- New NBN proposal promises faster Internet for homes and businesses
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Manager - Software DevelopmentQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreVIC
- FTSenior Project AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Intranet - Cloud / CMSVIC
- FTChange ManagerSA
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTPlatform EngineerQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of an innovation programVIC
- FTChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW