Microsoft is offering updates on the progress of interoperability initiatives, including the Interoperability Executive Customer Council (IEC) and the Interop Vendor Alliance (IVA).
Notorious adware maker DirectRevenue has closed shop.
The next-generation LAN will be mobile, secure, intelligent and service- vs. speed-oriented, experts at the Interop New York conference said this week.
The Storm worm is fighting back against security researchers that seek to destroy it and has them running scared, Interop New York show attendees heard this week.
Facebook will sell a US$240 million minority stake to Microsoft, which as part of the deal will also expand the advertising services it provides to the social networking phenom, the companies said this week.
Two years after its acquisition of enterprise software vendor Veritas, Symantec's consumer division remains the company's fastest-growing product line.
The Electronic Discovery Reference Model standards group Tuesday unveiled an XML-based standard that it says will allow documents transfer through the systems of multiple vendors during the various stages of e-discovery.
A notorious Russian hacker gang is responsible for ongoing attacks using malicious PDF documents, a researcher said Wednesday.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Tuesday, in a swipe at rival Google, that his company does not have any plans to bid on wireless spectrum in January, because being a wireless carrier goes beyond its core competency.
Microsoft took the latest step towards the upcoming holiday buying season by launching the Xbox 360 Arcade, a version of its popular game console aimed specifically at families.
A malicious PDF document that exploits bugs in Adobe Systems' Reader and Acrobat software is on the loose, Symantec said, just hours after Adobe patched the programs.
The rumours were right: Cisco has signed a deal to buy WiMAX radio vendor, Navini Networks, for $US330 million.
Mobile phones play an important role in Microsoft's software plus services vision, CEO Steve Ballmer said.
Hackers have hijacked a server operated by Internet advertising company 24/7 Real Media and are using it to seed legitimate Web sites with ads carrying attack code, Symantec said Friday.
Representatives of older and new media companies detailed their embraces of the Internet Friday at the Web 2.0 Summit conference in San Francisco, with supposed old-line companies emphasizing opportunities and dismissing any threats to longstanding b...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- New NBN proposal promises faster Internet for homes and businesses
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia