After two years at the job, the CEO of Dutch antivirus seller AVG Technologies is stepping down.
Security & Safety
The first worm that spreads between mobile devices by spamming text messages has developed a new communications capability that one security vendor says signals the arrival of mobile botnets.
Three brothers were sentenced to prison on Tuesday in a London court for creating counterfeit credit and debit cards, defrauding victims of more than £600,000 (US$978,000), according to the Metropolitan Police.
About one in six consumers have at some time acted on a spam message, affirming the economic incentive for spammers to keep churning out millions of obnoxious pitches per day, according to a new survey.
European laws governing the digitization of content such as books, movies and music need a major re-working in order to keep Europe relevant in the digital age, said the European Commissioner for the information society and telecoms Viviane Reding on Thursday.
When security expert Bruce Schneier tried to sell a used laptop on eBay, he thought it would be easy. Instead, a sale was aborted twice -- first by a scammer using a hacked eBay account and then by a buyer who tried to trick Schneier into sending her the laptop after she cancelled payment.
The Internet has brought new hope to reformists in China since the country crushed pro-democracy protests in the capital 20 years ago. But as dissidents have gone high-tech, the government in turn has worked to restrict free speech on the Internet, stifling threats to its rule that could grow online.
As expected, Adobe patched a zero-day vulnerability in its popular Adobe Reader software Tuesday, marking the second time in three months that it delivered an update on the same day Microsoft issued its monthly fixes.
A year ago, when a Time Magazine reporter told Tan Dailin that he'd been identified as someone who may have hacked the Pentagon, he gasped and asked, "Will the FBI send special agents out to arrest me?"
McAfee has launched a new Web site designed to help cybercrime victims recover from hacker attacks.
Security should be the first consideration for any IT department about to implement voice over IP on a local-area network, an executive with an equipment manufacturer says.
A 23-year-old Romanian man has become the first foreigner to be convicted by a U.S. court for phishing.
2008 was the busiest year yet for online fraudsters according to an annual Internet Crime Report released Monday by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Just days after a hacker released code that could be used to attack the Firefox browser, Mozilla developers have a fix.
Cybercrooks have hit on a new twist to their aggressive marketing of fake security software, and are duping users into downloading a file utility that holds users' data for ransom, security researchers warned Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- CEO of antivirus vendor AVG to step down
- Analysts see alarming development in mobile malware
- UK brothers sentenced for making fake credit, debit cards
- Survey finds one in six consumers act on spam
- EC's Reding calls for shake-up of online copyright laws
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA