After two years at the job, the CEO of Dutch antivirus seller AVG Technologies is stepping down.
Security & Safety
The first worm that spreads between mobile devices by spamming text messages has developed a new communications capability that one security vendor says signals the arrival of mobile botnets.
Three brothers were sentenced to prison on Tuesday in a London court for creating counterfeit credit and debit cards, defrauding victims of more than £600,000 (US$978,000), according to the Metropolitan Police.
About one in six consumers have at some time acted on a spam message, affirming the economic incentive for spammers to keep churning out millions of obnoxious pitches per day, according to a new survey.
European laws governing the digitization of content such as books, movies and music need a major re-working in order to keep Europe relevant in the digital age, said the European Commissioner for the information society and telecoms Viviane Reding on Thursday.
When security expert Bruce Schneier tried to sell a used laptop on eBay, he thought it would be easy. Instead, a sale was aborted twice -- first by a scammer using a hacked eBay account and then by a buyer who tried to trick Schneier into sending her the laptop after she cancelled payment.
The Internet has brought new hope to reformists in China since the country crushed pro-democracy protests in the capital 20 years ago. But as dissidents have gone high-tech, the government in turn has worked to restrict free speech on the Internet, stifling threats to its rule that could grow online.
As expected, Adobe patched a zero-day vulnerability in its popular Adobe Reader software Tuesday, marking the second time in three months that it delivered an update on the same day Microsoft issued its monthly fixes.
A year ago, when a Time Magazine reporter told Tan Dailin that he'd been identified as someone who may have hacked the Pentagon, he gasped and asked, "Will the FBI send special agents out to arrest me?"
McAfee has launched a new Web site designed to help cybercrime victims recover from hacker attacks.
Security should be the first consideration for any IT department about to implement voice over IP on a local-area network, an executive with an equipment manufacturer says.
A 23-year-old Romanian man has become the first foreigner to be convicted by a U.S. court for phishing.
2008 was the busiest year yet for online fraudsters according to an annual Internet Crime Report released Monday by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Just days after a hacker released code that could be used to attack the Firefox browser, Mozilla developers have a fix.
Cybercrooks have hit on a new twist to their aggressive marketing of fake security software, and are duping users into downloading a file utility that holds users' data for ransom, security researchers warned Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- CEO of antivirus vendor AVG to step down
- Analysts see alarming development in mobile malware
- UK brothers sentenced for making fake credit, debit cards
- Survey finds one in six consumers act on spam
- EC's Reding calls for shake-up of online copyright laws
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- FTJava / API DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- CCSenior Developer | Salesforce/JavaNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD