MySpace.com unveils the top 10 apps that Aussie's go to for their entertainment fix.
Protesters held rallies across Australian capital cities today to oppose the government's national clean feed Internet scheme, which will impose blanket content filtering for all web connections
Social networking is the killer Internet app, but it can also lead directly to identity theft.
More examples of Evan Roth's "X-ray" art, which he intends to be a silent protest of overly intrusive airport security.
Facebook, since its mistakes with the Beacon advertising incident, has rolled out one of the most robust security systems for any social network, which allows users to control who sees what information about them with great specificity. Take a look at Facebook's privacy features and how to set yours.
The latest iteration of the Mozilla Firefox browser is scheduled to hit the Internet in a few weeks, with Release Candidate 1 recently being made available. Boasting a host of new changes including better malware protection, easier password management and a refined download manager, Firefox 3 is more secure and simpler to use than ever.
iPhones, broadband and gamers give reason for economic hope.
This slideshow complements the interview with James Fallows, who has experienced "The Great Firewall of China" firsthand. What follows is a list of the differences between the Internet, as seen in the US vs. China.
Don't have enough time to go looking for news and information or even to e-mail friends and colleagues? If so, then try using social networks. We've selected 20 of the most useful social networks for IT professionals. And these networks aren't just for work, either; some of them will help you find old friends and colleagues, keep in touch with family and friends, and get useful news and information for your busy professional life.
In around about a month from now, Linksys will unleash its latest broadband router - the WRT160N - which specifically targets users who are after a more wireless networking range.
Here we show you an artistic image of the online security threats which wreak havoc on the online world.
Are you looking for a new way to read your Web news feeds while you're on a plane, train, or other conveyance that lacks Internet access? There's nothing new about offline news readers, but the Google Gears add-on makes it easier than ever to access Web information - without the Web.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- New NBN proposal promises faster Internet for homes and businesses
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC