Facebook will simplify the way in which it offers privacy options to its users, as it gets ready to give its members for the first time the option to make the content they post on their profiles available to anyone on the Internet.
When competition for IT opportunities is intense, the value of every possible edge is magnified. A recommendation from someone within a potential employer can make the difference between landing an interview and continuing frustration. In many cases, job seekers are calling on the outermost reaches of their networks -- and sometimes beyond -- to find a way in.
The latest generations of server processors from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices don't deliver the promised gains in performance, according to the head of technical operations at Facebook, a massive consumer of servers.
Any Web site owner can now put up a stream of Facebook status updates, using a feature that the social networking platform introduced on Wednesday.
CEOs at the top companies in the U.S. are dramatically disconnected from the social networking phenomenon, according to a research report released this week by UberCEO.com, an online news and discussion site that focuses on CEOs at major companies.
Former Yahoo executive Jeff Weiner has been appointed CEO of LinkedIn, where he has served as interim president since January.
SAP and enterprise social-networking vendor Jive said Tuesday they have formed an agreement that will see SAP's BusinessObjects BI OnDemand software integrated with Jive's community and collaboration platform.
If large companies are looking for evidence that a social networking strategy can work, Booz Allen Hamilton may have given them some.
A gaggle of vendors, consultants and end users are set to converge at a Boston hotel Monday for this year's Enterprise 2.0 conference, but it's unclear how many actual IT decision makers will show up with cash in hand.
The restructuring continues at MySpace, whose staff will get cut by almost 30 percent, the News Corp. division announced Tuesday.
Facebook, whose dizzying growth in recent years has been rumored to put a growing strain on its finances, has sold a stake to investment firm Digital Sky Technologies (DST) for US$200 million.
Seven people were indicted this week on charges that they were operating a prostitution ring that advertised exclusively on Craigslist. The indictments are the latest in a series of blows to the Craigslist classified advertising Web site.
For marketers, so-called social ads, which display data and actions from social-network members, can be either gold mines or landmines.
Flock has released a new version of its social browser that improves its links to social-networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Cybercriminals who went after Facebook users with a number of phishing attacks last week have now turned around and begun sending spam messages from the Facebook accounts they cracked.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook simplifies privacy settings, calls them too complex
- New chips don't deliver, Facebook says
- Facebook lets any site add live comment streams
- Study: Top CEOs still shunning Twitter, Facebook
- Former Yahoo exec Weiner takes over as LinkedIn CEO
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW