Browsers are the future of mobile applications and they are just beginning to gain the features that will make new uses of mobile phones compelling, a Google executive said Thursday.
Google will drop the "beta" label from Gmail, Calendar, Docs and Talk in one fell swoop on Tuesday to rid its Apps communication and collaboration suite of this problematic tag that spooks many IT managers and CIOs.
When Yahoo rolls out the new version of its Yahoo.com home page later this year, people will be able to customize it to such a degree that the need for the company's My Yahoo personalized home page service will drop significantly.
Google has created a Web site for developers that is focused exclusively on making Web applications, sites and browsers faster.
Yahoo is adding two features to its SearchMonkey development platform to help site owners enrich the results that their pages generate on Yahoo Search.
Google has brought out a translator toolkit that combines the company's machine translation technology with online tools for manually editing content.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau has published guidelines for determining when fraudsters are taking advantage of pay-per-click (PPC) advertisements.
People and organizations who host their Blogger blogs outside of Google have experienced technical problems with the service's FTP publishing functionality, prompting Google to apologize.
Yahoo released on Wednesday an extension to its YQL platform for simplifying how Web applications consume data.
Google committed a major transgression by only including support for a subset of Java classes in its App Engine development platform, according to Sun Microsystems' chief open source officer, Simon Phipps.
Google's new Secure Data Connector could result in a plethora of tie-ups between its productivity software and a range of enterprise applications and data sources.
Google and Yahoo have launched special sites dedicated to coverage of the federal elections starting April 16 in a bid to build their brands among Internet users in the country.
Online advertising spending in the U.S. grew considerably less in 2008 than in prior years, but the mere fact that it increased over 2007 is a positive sign, considering the economic crisis that started last year.
Pixazza is looking to turn any photo on the Web into a miniature online store with a new service it calls "Product in the picture." It likens the service to Google AdSense, except for images instead of text, and has landed US$5.75 million from Google and two investment funds to roll it out.
Google has given its Web search engine an injection of semantic technology, as the search leader pushes into what many consider the future of search on the Internet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google pegs browser as future of mobile apps
- Google scrubs Apps clean of beta labels
- Yahoo aims at customization with new home page
- Google to promote Web speed on new developer site
- Yahoo adds tools to bolster search results
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW