The WiMax Forum has joined forces with the Femto Forum to speed up the development of femtocells for mobile WiMax networks, the organizations said on Wednesday.
3 Mobile will expand its roaming coverage and introduce new roaming pricing for users from mid April.
As announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Telstra's Next G network has recently been upgraded to support download speeds of up to 21 megabits per second (Mbps), making it the fastest mobile broadband network in the world. To take advantage of these new speeds, Telstra has released the Turbo 21 Modem — a mobile broadband modem that connects via a USB port.
Australian ISP iiNet has teamed up with Starbucks to offer its customers free Wi-Fi access at a selection of the coffee chain's stores.
Telstra has launched what it claims is the world’s fastest mobile broadband service, with peak download speeds of 21Mbps and with the intention of increasing it to 42Mbps later this year.
Nortel Networks is dropping out of the mobile WiMax business entirely and will end an agreement with Israeli-company Alvarion to resell Alvarion mobile Wimax gear.
The market for WiMax is predicted to decline in 2009, as mobile WiMax is hit both by the economic squeeze and competition from the LTE standard for 4G networks, according to an analyst report.
Proxim Wireless announced Monday it is shipping two new 802.11n access points, one with two radios that Proxim called the fastest on the market.
Telstra today unveiled plans to release the fastest mobile broadband modem in the world, capable of reaching peak network downlink speeds of 21 megabits per second (Mbps).
Aruba Networks on Tuesday publicly launched programs to find new uses for Wi-Fi networks, explore future possibilities for wireless networks and study mobile computing's impact on the environment.
A startup called Linxter is set to launch a hosted messaging platform that will enable any Internet-addressable device, application or system to communicate with another.
Startup Quantenna Communications on Tuesday unveiled chips that it hopes Wi-Fi equipment vendors will use to improve the performance of wireless home networking products over the next year.
Vodafone Australia today announced price cuts to its range of mobile broadband plans. Vodafone customers on the telco's 5GB and 1GB per month plans will save $10. The 5GB plan will now cost $39.95 per month, while the 1GB plan will be $19.95.
Just months after the launch of its pre-paid broadband service, Optus is reducing the value it delivers to users.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) has confirmed that the Enhanced HSPA (eHSPA) addition to the Next G wireless network is compatible with Next G devices, clearing the way for the world's first 21Mbps national network.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Groups combine efforts to push WiMax femtocells
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- iiNet customers to get free Wi-Fi at Starbucks
- Telstra boosts mobile broadband to 21Mbps, 42Mbps to come
- Nortel exits mobile WiMax to focus on high-return tech
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- CCIT Project ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- FTInfrastructure Security Compliance OfficerNSW
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- TPSAP Helpdesk SupportACT
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)VIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCWindows AdministratorACT
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD