Pioneer on Sunday said it is working on technology that will deliver plasma displays with black levels to deliver more effervescent colors.
Consumer Electronics Show - News
Two days after it lost an important ally in the high-definition format battle, Toshiba put on a defiant face at the Consumer Electronics Show and declared the HD DVD format is a long way from being dead.
Warner Bros., the only major movie studio to release titles on both of the rival high-definition video disc formats, has decided to drop HD DVD and exclusively back Blu-ray Disc, it said Friday.
Motorola may face legal trouble over its use of the term Motomusic, the name it uses to market digital music on its mobile phones, because it's been claimed by another company.
Early support from the adult film industry may be helping HD DVD to take an early lead over Blu-ray Disc in the battle to become the next-generation DVD format.
No less a personage than billionaire Microsoft co-founder, Bill Gates, has publicly stated (in the January 2007 issue of Scientific American) that robots are the next big thing, and that the current state of the robot industry resembles the PC indust...
Home entertainment devices grabbed the spotlight at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) this year, but don't forget the cool products that screamed for attention.
It's every business traveler's nightmare. I arrived in Las Vegas for the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) after a grueling 17-hour journey from Dublin only to discover that the power cord for my laptop wouldn't work and I didn't have an electrical con...
Sometimes, you just don't have adequate light for your photo, even if you carry around thousands of dollars' worth of lighting equipment (which most of us don't).
LG Electronics will be integrating into its Super Multi DVD Rewriter Nero's SecurDisc technology, which password protects and encrypts a data (not audio or video) CD or DVD so that only the intended recipient can look at the data.
Audio-specialist Creative's biggest announcements at CES this year focused on streaming music around the home.
There are many exotic, and not quite there, technologies that want to help consumers get video and other multimedia content from their PC to their TV, but SanDisk may just have come up with the easiest way of all: a USB drive.
While many networking vendors, both wireless and wireline, diplomatically agree that no single networking technology will prevail in the connected home of the future, they are still battling over which technology is most suitable for streaming high-d...
Off the CES show floor Lite-On was displaying its new Blu-ray Disc drive, the 2X Blu-ray Disc Triple Writer LH-2B1S, available with a SATA interface for just US$650. For those keeping track at home, that's a 35 percent price drop in just the first si...
Among HP's many announcements at CES was this beauty: the HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC. HP's first all-in-one PC sports a unique, slick-looking industrial design, one which puts the slot loading DVD burner and media card slots at the front, along with dedi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Forget Google Glass: Carl Zeiss's smart lens prototype proves smart glasses can be subtle
- Netflix inches towards global dominance
- CES 2010: Picks and Pans
- Asustek unveils netbook that unfolds to big-screen tablet
- LG TVs make new connections
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW