In a departure for the Consumer Electronics Show, the keynote address on Tuesday came from a company that doesn't build any consumer electronics products.
Consumer Electronics Show - News
Microsoft has no plans to add HD DVD capabilities to its Xbox console, despite rumors to contrary.
Google and Apple don't have major booths on the floor of the CES trade show, but they are very much on the minds of their competitors.
Hewlett-Packard Tuesday announced that it plans to reduce energy consumption of its personal computers by 25% within two years.
Sony extended the functionality of the PSP at this week's Consumer Electronics Show, including Blu-ray to PSP movie transfers, GPS tracking, Skype support, and a 16GB memory stick.
Toshiba took the covers off its new personal storage line Sunday by introducing its Toshiba 1.8-in. USB 2.0 Mobile External Hard Drive line.
WiMax high-speed wireless networks and devices will be a major topic of interest at CES, and OQO is demonstrating one the first devices to use the technology this week.
Intel is displaying four new ultramobile PCs designed around its Menlow chips at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), including highly anticipated devices from Lenovo and Toshiba.
Plasma screens just keep getting bigger, with Panasonic on Monday showing the prototype of a new 150-inch plasma display, which the company says is the largest flat-panel display in the world.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is rallying for free trade agreements during its huge Consumer Electronics Show this week, saying barrier-free trade with other countries is crucial to the growth of US jobs.
Fujitsu showed off two new laptops that it claims are the first to include built-in wireless HSUPA access at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
For several years people have been talking about the idea of miniaturizing a projector so that it's small enough to fit inside a mobile phone or digital camera. Now it's finally been done, and 3M is demonstrating a prototype of such a device at this ...
It may seem hard to believe for some wireless aficionados, but the Bluetooth Special Interest Group is 10 years old, something that Bluetooth vendors plan to celebrate at a Consumer Electronics Show party in Las Vegas Tuesday night.
Panasonic on Monday announced it was dabbling with technology that makes walls interactive, adding "larger-than-life technology" to home interiors.
Philips Consumer Electronics has thrown its full support behind the Blu-ray high-definition DVD format, adding a new Blu-ray DVD player and declaring the format to be the future of high-definition DVD storage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Forget Google Glass: Carl Zeiss's smart lens prototype proves smart glasses can be subtle
- Netflix inches towards global dominance
- CES 2010: Picks and Pans
- Asustek unveils netbook that unfolds to big-screen tablet
- LG TVs make new connections
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)VIC
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- FTDelivery LeadNSW