The past few months has seen us building a test rig to test components and peripherals. It is very high spec in order to remove as much latency and as many bottlenecks from the system as possible.
Desktop PCs - Features
Battlefield 1 runs gloriously on a gaming PC powered by AMD's FX-8370 processor and Radeon RX 480.
PAX - The Penny Arcade Expo - is back in Melbourne and it's huge. While still a gamer's festival there is also the promise of all kinds of new technology on show this year. Many industry people from Asia and America have flown in to show off the late...
This cheap but capable $300 budget desktop PC will outperform any laptop in the same price range.
Here’s how an Amazon Echo, Tap, or Echo Dot can light up your smart home.
The Department of Energy says the the $40 million it is investing in nearly two dozen projects will result in exascale computing systems that perform calculations on data 50 to 100 times faster than today's most powerful supercomputers.
Can AMD's A10-7860K APU power effective, yet affordable e-sports gaming PCs? Yes—though it'll take tinkering with settings.
VR demos, a backpack PC, crazy case mods, dragons, the best names, MSI had it all.
After last year's Computex, pundits proclaimed the PC to be dead. This year's proved that it's not just alive and kicking, but innovating like crazy.
COBOL offers the promise of job security and above-average pay. Even some of the cool kids are doing it.
Crack open Apple's classic tower and behold the attention to detail.
After an eternity of hype, innuendo and rumors, Intel's Core i7-6700K, code-named "Skylake," is finally here--and it's actually worth the wait. But only if you have realistic expectations, not those built up on months of leaked "performance" numbers ...
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
In our review of AMD's Radeon R9 Fury, we discovered that the Fury X's air-cooled sibling packs a performance punch that justifies its competitive price tag. In fact, it punishes Nvidia's GTX 980 and proved to be the true champion of AMD's new Fiji l...
AMD's Radeon R9 Fury X kicks ass.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
- Microsoft Surface Studio teardown reveals Intel and ARM chips inside
- You wear Zotac's new gaming PC on your back
- This may be the most expensive 'free' computer you've ever seen
- This jaw-dropping all-AMD custom gaming PC looks like an M134 minigun
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- CCAgile CoachWA
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC