The past few months has seen us building a test rig to test components and peripherals. It is very high spec in order to remove as much latency and as many bottlenecks from the system as possible.
Desktop PCs - Features
Battlefield 1 runs gloriously on a gaming PC powered by AMD's FX-8370 processor and Radeon RX 480.
PAX - The Penny Arcade Expo - is back in Melbourne and it's huge. While still a gamer's festival there is also the promise of all kinds of new technology on show this year. Many industry people from Asia and America have flown in to show off the late...
This cheap but capable $300 budget desktop PC will outperform any laptop in the same price range.
Here’s how an Amazon Echo, Tap, or Echo Dot can light up your smart home.
The Department of Energy says the the $40 million it is investing in nearly two dozen projects will result in exascale computing systems that perform calculations on data 50 to 100 times faster than today's most powerful supercomputers.
Can AMD's A10-7860K APU power effective, yet affordable e-sports gaming PCs? Yes—though it'll take tinkering with settings.
VR demos, a backpack PC, crazy case mods, dragons, the best names, MSI had it all.
After last year's Computex, pundits proclaimed the PC to be dead. This year's proved that it's not just alive and kicking, but innovating like crazy.
COBOL offers the promise of job security and above-average pay. Even some of the cool kids are doing it.
Crack open Apple's classic tower and behold the attention to detail.
After an eternity of hype, innuendo and rumors, Intel's Core i7-6700K, code-named "Skylake," is finally here--and it's actually worth the wait. But only if you have realistic expectations, not those built up on months of leaked "performance" numbers ...
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
In our review of AMD's Radeon R9 Fury, we discovered that the Fury X's air-cooled sibling packs a performance punch that justifies its competitive price tag. In fact, it punishes Nvidia's GTX 980 and proved to be the true champion of AMD's new Fiji l...
AMD's Radeon R9 Fury X kicks ass.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel ships latest Itanium chip called Kittson, but grim future looms
- Samsung Galaxy S7 hardware will come to the DragonBoard 820c computer
- Now you can try Microsoft's supersized Surface Hub before buying
- Samsung scraps a Raspberry Pi 3 competitor, shrinks Artik line
- Google wants to add AI to gadgets made using Raspberry Pi
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- CCProject Manager TelecommunicationsQLD
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTChange Manager - Large Transition ProjectNSW
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- CCSoftware PackerNSW
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTJunior Software Developer - SASACT
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC