You're not really supposed to love an operating system. It's like your car's hydraulic system, your digestive system or the global financial system. It's supposed to do its job -- and not get in your way while you're doing yours.
So far there have been six alpha releases of the forthcoming Ubuntu 9.04, due for final release next month, and late yesterday the one and only beta release was made available for download. From this point forward there's a release candidate in mid-A...
Keyboards without keys, a vertical keyboard with mirrors on the side so you can see your fingers, and keyboards on which you type on the back: Get ready for some wacky input devices.
Got an aging Windows laptop or desktop computer, but money's too tight to buy a new one? Fret not. There's plenty of life in your old PC. It may seem sluggish and on the point of expiring, and its hard disk may be nearly full to bursting, but there's...
Apple has launched the first beta of Safari 4, the new version of its web browser for both Windows and Mac OS X computers.
Jeffrey Zeldman must have thought he'd never live to see the day. Ten years after he co-founded the Web Standards Project, all of the major browser vendors have shown renewed commitment to supporting World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards in the l...
Everyone likes to try new and shiny technology toys like the Windows 7 beta, but when the price is having to replace your existing operating system, that's too much for most people. That's when being able to use a virtualization program can come in d...
Would you like that in small, medium or large?
Apple's Safari, released for the Windows platform in June 2007, is the second newest browser on Windows, behind Google's Chrome. (Naturally, Apple's browser also runs on OS X, and on iPhone and iPod Touch devices in a mobile edition.) Safari leads th...
The challenge: switch from Windows Vista to Windows 7 completely.
Microsoft Windows 7 beta is now available for public download. We've compiled all the information you need to understand what's different with the Windows 7 beta and decide whether it's the right option for you.
Microsoft is busily promoting Windows 7, its next operating system and successor to the much-maligned Vista.
On Thursday at CES, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer announced the public availability of the Windows 7 beta release. At PC World we've been running our own evaluations of the forthcoming replacement to Microsoft's much-derided Windows Vista for some time...
Late yesterday, Microsoft unveiled the public beta for Windows 7, the follow-on and follow-up to Vista, which from all signs the company is trying to forget as fast as possible.
Late Wednesday, Microsoft unveiled the public beta for Windows 7, the follow-on and follow-up to Vista, which from all signs the company is trying to forget as fast as possible.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Valve's Steam Machines aren't gaining steam, but they inspired wonderful creations
- Pausing on the PC death march
- Asus PCs running Windows 7 slam into boot failure after recommended patch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC