Keyboards without keys, a vertical keyboard with mirrors on the side so you can see your fingers, and keyboards on which you type on the back: Get ready for some wacky input devices.
Got an aging Windows laptop or desktop computer, but money's too tight to buy a new one? Fret not. There's plenty of life in your old PC. It may seem sluggish and on the point of expiring, and its hard disk may be nearly full to bursting, but there's...
Apple has launched the first beta of Safari 4, the new version of its web browser for both Windows and Mac OS X computers.
Jeffrey Zeldman must have thought he'd never live to see the day. Ten years after he co-founded the Web Standards Project, all of the major browser vendors have shown renewed commitment to supporting World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards in the l...
Everyone likes to try new and shiny technology toys like the Windows 7 beta, but when the price is having to replace your existing operating system, that's too much for most people. That's when being able to use a virtualization program can come in d...
Would you like that in small, medium or large?
Apple's Safari, released for the Windows platform in June 2007, is the second newest browser on Windows, behind Google's Chrome. (Naturally, Apple's browser also runs on OS X, and on iPhone and iPod Touch devices in a mobile edition.) Safari leads th...
The challenge: switch from Windows Vista to Windows 7 completely.
Microsoft Windows 7 beta is now available for public download. We've compiled all the information you need to understand what's different with the Windows 7 beta and decide whether it's the right option for you.
Microsoft is busily promoting Windows 7, its next operating system and successor to the much-maligned Vista.
On Thursday at CES, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer announced the public availability of the Windows 7 beta release. At PC World we've been running our own evaluations of the forthcoming replacement to Microsoft's much-derided Windows Vista for some time...
Late yesterday, Microsoft unveiled the public beta for Windows 7, the follow-on and follow-up to Vista, which from all signs the company is trying to forget as fast as possible.
Late Wednesday, Microsoft unveiled the public beta for Windows 7, the follow-on and follow-up to Vista, which from all signs the company is trying to forget as fast as possible.
Firefox 3.1 may only be a point release -- from 3.0 to 3.1 -- but its just-released Beta 2 version is a good indication that the final release will be a must-have upgrade for anyone using Firefox.
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 has been released as a public beta version.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Pausing on the PC death march
- Asus PCs running Windows 7 slam into boot failure after recommended patch
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- Top 7 ways to create a successful data science team
- Google's CEO just called the next wave in computing, and it's not VR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia