Here’s how an Amazon Echo, Tap, or Echo Dot can light up your smart home.
These dumb bulbs are perfect for smart lighting.
The Asus Zen AiO Z240IC comes impressively close to mathcing the iMac's elegance
Acer has launched the world’s first Chromebase all‐in‐one desktop with Intel processors at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Auctioneer Christie's is now taking online bids for an Apple-1 personal computer, as yet another owner tries to capitalize on interest in the 39-year-old device.
Windows 10 users have petitioned Microsoft's CEO to let them not only delay feature and functionality updates, but also ignore them, a plea that if granted would upend the company's plans to deliver the OS as a service.
Apple completes Retina iMac lineup, updates input devices.
Fancy a Mac or Windows 10 PC with Intel's new processors code-named Skylake? That will soon be possible: Intel will launch its first chips based on the new architecture in the first week of August.
Global PC shipments will decline for the fourth consecutive year as people continue re-directing money towards smartphones and tablets.
Apple's Mac Mini has a low $619 price, is unobtrusively styled and proves versatile in that it can be used as an everyday computer or a sophisticated media player.
Apple has squeezed a 5K display into the same confines of its current iMac and has managed to do so without blowing out the price.
Google’s Chrome OS makes an appearance in LG’s Chromebase, which is an all-in-one desktop computer that’s designed to run the simple, mostly cloud-enhanced operating system. It’s a good looking unit with a screen size of 22 inches, and since it runs Chrome OS, you don’t really need to know what’s under the hood.
Xbox One owners will be able to attach their Kinect motion sensors to Windows PCs and tablets thanks to a new adapter introduced by Microsoft.
Reader H. Landreth is one lucky (or, at least, well-heeled) Mac Pro owner. He writes:
Hot off the heels of the largest iPhone launch comes another Apple event following the issuing of cryptic invitations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel gets down with Chrome OS in new Acer all-in-one
- Apple-1 computer relic hits the auction block
- Customers petition Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, demand changes to Windows 10 update practices
- Apple unveils new 21.5-inch Retina iMac, Magic Mouse 2, Magic Trackpad 2, and Magic Keyboard
- Intel's first Skylake chips coming in first week of August
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW