See if this sounds familiar: Someone e-mails you a document, contract, or whatever that requires your signature. So you print it, sign it, then dust off the fax machine so you can send it back.Talk about a waste of time (and paper). Isn't this the 21...
Linux powers countless smartphones, TVs, supercomputers, financial transactions, and websites around the globe--not to mention desktops--but the fact remains that most of us have no real idea where it comes from.
HP has released what it claims to be the world's first all-in-one workstation PC, the Z1 Workstation. It has a 27in IPS panel with 10-bit colour support and a native resolution of 2560x1440 pixels, making it perfect for graphics professions. Behind t...
Windows 8 marches on toward its inevitable release--not yet confirmed, but expected sometime in early fall. Judging by the Windows 8 Consumer Preview release, though, the latest version of Microsoft’s flagship operating system has some fatal flaws th...
From 1970s minicomputers used for military programs (including nuclear weapons) to an IBM punch-card system still keeping the books at a Texas filter supplier, these are the computers that time forgot.
Sure, Apple didn't release another new iPad or new Apple TV this week, but the company didn't let the week go by without making some new news. If you want to make sure you're caught up on Apple's news from the past week, along with our reviews, tutor...
From the hum of an old car's engine to the galunk! of a fictional plumber's fireball, sounds have an amazing ability to transport us back in time. Even just a two-second pop is often enough to bring back powerful memories of people, places, and objec...
Nearly three decades after its initial introduction, the Amiga personal computer has been given a makeover with a new design and some of the latest computing technologies.
Not everyone is happy with Windows 8's sweeping design changes, including one former Microsoft employee who thinks the company can do better.
Ardent users are clamoring for quick upgrades to Apple's Mac Pro, while an unstable hardware timetable for the high-end desktop has raised concerns about the company's commitment to professional users.
The beta versions of Mac OS X (code-named Mountain Lion) and Windows 8 are now being tested worldwide, and although they are quite different from one another, they share one characteristic: Both take designs and features built for smartphones and tab...
Microsoft today released six security updates that patched seven vulnerabilities, including a critical Windows bug that hackers will certainly try to exploit with a network worm, according to researchers.
"The more monitors, the merrier" seems to be the philosophy of a growing number of consumers who have taken advantage of historically low prices for flat-screen displays, along with improved hardware and software support, to connect two or more monit...
A worldwide recall of Lenovo ThinkCentre all-in-one PCs has reached Australia, with buyers of the ThinkCentre M90z advised to immediately unplug their computers due to a potential fire risk.
InfoWorld's Enterprise Windows blogger, J. Peter Bruzzese, described Windows 8 as "Windows Frankenstein." I'm tempted to call it a "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" operating system, but I can't decide which name to assign to the Metro side of the fence and ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW