Steve Jobs piqued consumer curiosity when he unveiled the iPad and declared "the post-PC era has begun." And now with the imminent release of Windows 8 RT tablets - low-powered slates running a touch-friendly version of Office - it might seem that pe...
With so many Linux distributions out there, it can be difficult to keep tabs on all the updates that come out over the course of an average week or month.
For the media day at Intel's Developer Forum in San Francisco, Intel researchers and scientists put away the transistor tech talk briefly and formed a panel with science fiction authors to discuss in creative detail some of the things that the compan...
The Raspberry Pi computer is designed in the UK and now it will be made here as well in a deal that will make the tiny board the first all-British personal computer for nearly two decades.
Microsoft will allow users of Windows 8 Pro to downgrade their new PCs to Windows 7 or even Vista, according to the operating system's licensing agreement.
The Australian National Basketball League has become the first major sporting organisation to offer an online streaming subscription to all its games for an entire season. The new site, NBL.TV is open now for fans to pre-register their interest for t...
Daily deals website Catch of the Day is running its Technothon until midday today, with low prices on a wide range of technology products.
Apple sold more PCs worldwide last quarter - 21 million - than any rival, retaking the lead it lost the quarter before, UK-based Canalys said yesterday.
Microsoft announced on Wednesday that it has completed the development and testing of Windows 8, a major upgrade of its OS for desktops, laptops and tablets and one of the most important product releases in the company's history.
Microsoft’s new metro-style Start screen is getting all the buzz, but for IT administrators there are many new network-related features and changes in both Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 to be aware of.
Microsoft on Monday announced new keyboards and mice optimized for tablets and laptops running the Windows 8 operating system.
Even though Windows 8 won't be officially released until October 26, its Metro user interface and Microsoft's decision to remove the Start menu have already received lots of criticism. Some observers have gone so far as to predict that Windows 8 will...
PC World is running its 2012 Media Usage survey, quizzing you on your Internet browsing habits and media consumption. We're interested in learning more about how you view and share technology-related content and information. Your feedback will help u...
15 Products Google Has Killed
Apple recently released the near-final version of OS X Mountain Lion to developers, meaning the company is on track for a public release of the new OS before July ends. The company said in June that Mountain Lion would launch during July.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel doubles down on Project Alloy as the savior of the PC
- With slick Omen PCs, HP makes a splash in high-end gaming
- Dell retires Alienware's X51, the desktop that kicked off the tiny gaming PC revolution
- Reports: Surface all-in-one PC coming as soon as later this year
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW