A working vintage Apple-1 computer sold Friday for US$374,500 at a Sotheby's auction in New York where a memo written by the late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs also went for $27,500. Both went to undisclosed individuals.
Alongside the new 15-inch MacBook Pro with its shiny new Retina Display comes a brand new version of Apple's Aperture photo management program, designed to enhance your photo editing artistry and efficiency.
Microsoft's recently available Windows 8 Release Preview has a few interesting tweaks but still seems caught between its tablet and PC interfaces.
Apple today laid out the schedule for its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), and confirmed that it will, as usual, kick off the annual meeting with a keynote address, likely hosted by CEO Tim Cook.
Sotheby's will put some Apple history on the block next month, including one of only six working Apple-1 personal computers. The auction house has estimated the motherboard will sell for up to US$180,000.
The Australian Government has begun a parliamentary inquiry into technology prices, and will report on whether Australians pay more for IT hardware, video games, e-books, music and videos sold online than buyers in the US, UK and the Asia-Pacific.
HP will cut 27,000 jobs and ‘rationalise’ its product line-up as apart of a two year long restructuring process that will “simplify business processes, advance innovation and deliver better results for customers, employees and shareholders.”
Tech companies are out in force at CeBIT Australia 2012, showing off everything from desktops and laptops to printers, storage and networking products.
HP has announced the t410 All-In-One Smart Zero Client, a thin client PC that only consumes 13 Watts and can be run using Power over Ethernet.
Nano-transistors powering big gains in power, efficiency
Never mind the blowout numbers announced Tuesday. Apple's best days are behind it.
Intel on Monday unveiled the Ivy Bridge processor family, the third generation in the company's line of Core processors.
Intel's upcoming Core i-series processors based on the Ivy Bridge architecture are being pitched at ultrabooks, but the company is now extending the chips to high-performance tablets with Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 operating system.
To state the obvious,, Microsoft is hugely important economically and culturally, and as Peter Parker (AKA Spiderman) was told by his grandfather: "With great power comes great responsibility." (Actually Voltaire said it first but he said it in Frenc...
Microsoft today delivered six security updates to patch 11 vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Office and several other products, including one bug that attackers are already exploiting.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's CEO just called the next wave in computing, and it's not VR
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Here's what the new Intel will look like
- As Intel shifts its focus to the Cloud, it commands its PC products to fight - or die
- Intel axes 12,000 jobs as it looks to break away from PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC