“Our early results also show there was an inventory buildup from holiday sales in the fourth quarter of 2015."
If you've been waiting patiently for Intel's new Compute Sticks with Skylake chips, there's good news: those thumb-sized PCs will start shipping on April 29.
At $15, the Quark Microcontroller Developer Kit D2000 is perhaps the least expensive computer Intel has ever released.
Ouch: "There was no particular motivation for U.S. consumers to purchase PCs in the first quarter of 2016," said Gartner, one of two top analyst firms saying worldwide PC sales fell between 10 and 12 percent during the first quarter.
If you thought virtual reality headsets were expensive, the price of desktops to create VR content will blow you away.
“The biggest challenge, and potential benefit for the PC market, is the integration of Windows 10 with Intel's Skylake architecture."
An upcoming update to Microsoft Office will allow you to essentially pin apps to the Microsoft Office ribbon, adding to its extensibility.
Killer Instinct hits Windows 10 with cross-platform purchases, saves, and multiplayer.
Microsoft dreams of a modular PC that makes replacing hardware components a breeze. We've heard this one before.
A barebones PC could turn into a multimedia or virtual reality powerhouse with new FirePro server graphics processors introduced by AMD.
Apple has called for a voluntary recall of AC wall plug adapters designed for use in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Europe, New Zealand and South Korea, after 12 incidents across the globe.
Thumb-size PCs like Intel's Compute Stick are still a novelty, but adoption will grow as TVs and displays increasingly become the center of entertainment and computing.
The iPhone won't always be the moneymaker it once was.
Top trends from the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show 2016 in Las Vegas, according to analyst Ovum.
In a declining PC market, high-priced gaming desktops and laptops are thriving.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Valve's Steam Machines aren't gaining steam, but they inspired wonderful creations
- Pausing on the PC death march
- Asus PCs running Windows 7 slam into boot failure after recommended patch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC