USB-C promise up to 10Gbps data transfer, but the first generation of USB-C devices aren’t as fast as they could be. Here's what to loo out for.
Samsung's Artik 10 developer board will compete with Raspberry Pi 3, but not on price.
As organisations increasingly rely on the insights gleaned from big data to make critical business decisions, the role of the data scientist has become crucial.
"In the long run we will evolve in computing from a mobile-first to an AI-first world," said Google CEO Sundar Pichai.
Acer is firing on all cylinders with its powerful new Predator gaming PCs, which can also provide the processing power for virtual reality headsets.
The PC market has been in trouble for ages, but last year took the biscuit. Shipments dropped below 300 million for the first time since 2008, and IDC declared it the worst year in history. That explains a lot about what happened at Intel this week.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
Intel is cutting 12,000 jobs worldwide as the company restructures operations to diversify from PCs into growth areas of IoT and servers.
Seeking to exploit a “late mover advantage” HP says they will be entering the 3D printer market during the third quarter for 2016 with models shipping by the end of 2016. They say they have held back from entering the market until they felt the compa...
“Our early results also show there was an inventory buildup from holiday sales in the fourth quarter of 2015."
If you've been waiting patiently for Intel's new Compute Sticks with Skylake chips, there's good news: those thumb-sized PCs will start shipping on April 29.
At $15, the Quark Microcontroller Developer Kit D2000 is perhaps the least expensive computer Intel has ever released.
Ouch: "There was no particular motivation for U.S. consumers to purchase PCs in the first quarter of 2016," said Gartner, one of two top analyst firms saying worldwide PC sales fell between 10 and 12 percent during the first quarter.
If you thought virtual reality headsets were expensive, the price of desktops to create VR content will blow you away.
“The biggest challenge, and potential benefit for the PC market, is the integration of Windows 10 with Intel's Skylake architecture."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
- How to build a cheap but powerful gaming PC for $500
- Intel doubles down on Project Alloy as the savior of the PC
- With slick Omen PCs, HP makes a splash in high-end gaming
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC