What's next for Microsoft's hardware efforts? If recent reports are to believed, it looks like an all-in-one desktop is on the way,
Desktop PCs - News
Alienware's Radeon RX 480-powered backpack PC may look like something out of a cyberpunk dystopia, but it's a practical solution to one of VR's biggest problems: Being tethered to a computer.
The updated Alpha R2 gets Skylake, an M.2 drive, and desktop-class graphics.
The Steam Machine is an interesting concept, but it's not the device PC gamers are looking for.
Overclocking might have an exotic image but it's not too difficult to start. At the entry level, an Intel desktop app provides an immediate performance boost.
Does it bother you that we’re heading toward a post-ownership computing world where we will have little control over our videos, music, software programs and devices? It does me.
Whoops! Asus turns on Secure Boot for PCs that don’t support it, causing chaos.
USB-C promise up to 10Gbps data transfer, but the first generation of USB-C devices aren’t as fast as they could be. Here's what to loo out for.
Samsung's Artik 10 developer board will compete with Raspberry Pi 3, but not on price.
As organisations increasingly rely on the insights gleaned from big data to make critical business decisions, the role of the data scientist has become crucial.
"In the long run we will evolve in computing from a mobile-first to an AI-first world," said Google CEO Sundar Pichai.
Acer is firing on all cylinders with its powerful new Predator gaming PCs, which can also provide the processing power for virtual reality headsets.
The PC market has been in trouble for ages, but last year took the biscuit. Shipments dropped below 300 million for the first time since 2008, and IDC declared it the worst year in history. That explains a lot about what happened at Intel this week.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
Intel is cutting 12,000 jobs worldwide as the company restructures operations to diversify from PCs into growth areas of IoT and servers.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel ships latest Itanium chip called Kittson, but grim future looms
- Samsung Galaxy S7 hardware will come to the DragonBoard 820c computer
- Now you can try Microsoft's supersized Surface Hub before buying
- Samsung scraps a Raspberry Pi 3 competitor, shrinks Artik line
- Google wants to add AI to gadgets made using Raspberry Pi
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk Support (CISCO)QLD
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- CCLevel 2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)WA
- TPFunctional Business AnalystQLD
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- CCUser ResearcherNSW
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- FTData AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTApplications DeveloperACT