Does it bother you that we’re heading toward a post-ownership computing world where we will have little control over our videos, music, software programs and devices? It does me.
Desktop PCs - News
Whoops! Asus turns on Secure Boot for PCs that don’t support it, causing chaos.
USB-C promise up to 10Gbps data transfer, but the first generation of USB-C devices aren’t as fast as they could be. Here's what to loo out for.
Samsung's Artik 10 developer board will compete with Raspberry Pi 3, but not on price.
As organisations increasingly rely on the insights gleaned from big data to make critical business decisions, the role of the data scientist has become crucial.
"In the long run we will evolve in computing from a mobile-first to an AI-first world," said Google CEO Sundar Pichai.
Acer is firing on all cylinders with its powerful new Predator gaming PCs, which can also provide the processing power for virtual reality headsets.
The PC market has been in trouble for ages, but last year took the biscuit. Shipments dropped below 300 million for the first time since 2008, and IDC declared it the worst year in history. That explains a lot about what happened at Intel this week.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
Intel is cutting 12,000 jobs worldwide as the company restructures operations to diversify from PCs into growth areas of IoT and servers.
Seeking to exploit a “late mover advantage” HP says they will be entering the 3D printer market during the third quarter for 2016 with models shipping by the end of 2016. They say they have held back from entering the market until they felt the compa...
“Our early results also show there was an inventory buildup from holiday sales in the fourth quarter of 2015."
If you've been waiting patiently for Intel's new Compute Sticks with Skylake chips, there's good news: those thumb-sized PCs will start shipping on April 29.
At $15, the Quark Microcontroller Developer Kit D2000 is perhaps the least expensive computer Intel has ever released.
Ouch: "There was no particular motivation for U.S. consumers to purchase PCs in the first quarter of 2016," said Gartner, one of two top analyst firms saying worldwide PC sales fell between 10 and 12 percent during the first quarter.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
- Microsoft Surface Studio teardown reveals Intel and ARM chips inside
- You wear Zotac's new gaming PC on your back
- This may be the most expensive 'free' computer you've ever seen
- This jaw-dropping all-AMD custom gaming PC looks like an M134 minigun
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPProject Manager - Documentation DevelopmentQLD
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC