What's next for Microsoft's hardware efforts? If recent reports are to believed, it looks like an all-in-one desktop is on the way,
Desktop PCs - News
Alienware's Radeon RX 480-powered backpack PC may look like something out of a cyberpunk dystopia, but it's a practical solution to one of VR's biggest problems: Being tethered to a computer.
The updated Alpha R2 gets Skylake, an M.2 drive, and desktop-class graphics.
The Steam Machine is an interesting concept, but it's not the device PC gamers are looking for.
Overclocking might have an exotic image but it's not too difficult to start. At the entry level, an Intel desktop app provides an immediate performance boost.
Does it bother you that we’re heading toward a post-ownership computing world where we will have little control over our videos, music, software programs and devices? It does me.
Whoops! Asus turns on Secure Boot for PCs that don’t support it, causing chaos.
USB-C promise up to 10Gbps data transfer, but the first generation of USB-C devices aren’t as fast as they could be. Here's what to loo out for.
Samsung's Artik 10 developer board will compete with Raspberry Pi 3, but not on price.
As organisations increasingly rely on the insights gleaned from big data to make critical business decisions, the role of the data scientist has become crucial.
"In the long run we will evolve in computing from a mobile-first to an AI-first world," said Google CEO Sundar Pichai.
Acer is firing on all cylinders with its powerful new Predator gaming PCs, which can also provide the processing power for virtual reality headsets.
The PC market has been in trouble for ages, but last year took the biscuit. Shipments dropped below 300 million for the first time since 2008, and IDC declared it the worst year in history. That explains a lot about what happened at Intel this week.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
Intel is cutting 12,000 jobs worldwide as the company restructures operations to diversify from PCs into growth areas of IoT and servers.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel ships latest Itanium chip called Kittson, but grim future looms
- Samsung Galaxy S7 hardware will come to the DragonBoard 820c computer
- Now you can try Microsoft's supersized Surface Hub before buying
- Samsung scraps a Raspberry Pi 3 competitor, shrinks Artik line
- Google wants to add AI to gadgets made using Raspberry Pi
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- TPSenior Service Desk AnalystNSW
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- CCTest LeadQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW