Seeking to exploit a “late mover advantage” HP says they will be entering the 3D printer market during the third quarter for 2016 with models shipping by the end of 2016. They say they have held back from entering the market until they felt the compa...
Desktop PCs - News
“Our early results also show there was an inventory buildup from holiday sales in the fourth quarter of 2015."
If you've been waiting patiently for Intel's new Compute Sticks with Skylake chips, there's good news: those thumb-sized PCs will start shipping on April 29.
At $15, the Quark Microcontroller Developer Kit D2000 is perhaps the least expensive computer Intel has ever released.
Ouch: "There was no particular motivation for U.S. consumers to purchase PCs in the first quarter of 2016," said Gartner, one of two top analyst firms saying worldwide PC sales fell between 10 and 12 percent during the first quarter.
If you thought virtual reality headsets were expensive, the price of desktops to create VR content will blow you away.
“The biggest challenge, and potential benefit for the PC market, is the integration of Windows 10 with Intel's Skylake architecture."
An upcoming update to Microsoft Office will allow you to essentially pin apps to the Microsoft Office ribbon, adding to its extensibility.
Killer Instinct hits Windows 10 with cross-platform purchases, saves, and multiplayer.
Microsoft dreams of a modular PC that makes replacing hardware components a breeze. We've heard this one before.
A barebones PC could turn into a multimedia or virtual reality powerhouse with new FirePro server graphics processors introduced by AMD.
Apple has called for a voluntary recall of AC wall plug adapters designed for use in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Europe, New Zealand and South Korea, after 12 incidents across the globe.
Thumb-size PCs like Intel's Compute Stick are still a novelty, but adoption will grow as TVs and displays increasingly become the center of entertainment and computing.
The iPhone won't always be the moneymaker it once was.
Top trends from the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show 2016 in Las Vegas, according to analyst Ovum.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel ships latest Itanium chip called Kittson, but grim future looms
- Samsung Galaxy S7 hardware will come to the DragonBoard 820c computer
- Now you can try Microsoft's supersized Surface Hub before buying
- Samsung scraps a Raspberry Pi 3 competitor, shrinks Artik line
- Google wants to add AI to gadgets made using Raspberry Pi
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- CCUser ResearcherNSW
- TPProject Manager to manage two concurrent ProjectsQLD
- CCInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- CCWindows AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- TPVB6 DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End Web DeveloperQLD
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCUI UX AnalystWA
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW