Moore's Law will keep going strong for decades, Intel CTO Justin Rattner predicts.
During the second IDF 2009 keynote, by Sean Maloney (Exec. VP and General Manager of Intel Architecture Group), we were briefly treated to the first public demonstration of Intel's upcoming enthusiast GPU code-named Larrabee. Intel has stated in the ...
Microsoft has told beta testers of its free antivirus software that it will release the final version to the public soon.
With attack code that exploits a critical unpatched bug in Windows likely to go public soon, Microsoft wants users to run an automated tool that disables the vulnerable component.
Two technologies currently under research by IBM may hold the key to being able to process and store the Exabyte (one thousand million Gb) of data expected to flow per day from the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) telescope project.
Leaders in the Linux community seemed resigned to the fact that Linux still hasn't made headway in the desktop market, but they made it clear on Monday that their success in other markets, such as mobile, is at least as important.
Will machines ever be as smart as humans? Intel CTO Justin Rattner thinks that someday, they might.
Google's new Chrome 3.0 is the fastest of the top five Windows browsers, and beats every rival, including Apple's Safari, by comfortable margins, benchmark tests show.
Microsoft yesterday kicked off a Windows 7 promotion that heavily discounts copies of Windows 7 for college students in the US, with the price nearly matching what Apple charges for its Snow Leopard upgrade.
Addressing complaints about slow Windows startup times, Hewlett-Packard Co. plans to introduce a new business desktop PC that comes with a solid-state disk drive (SSD) to speed up Windows 7 and other applications.
Will an updated series of Macs appear shortly? Wedge Partners, a Denver-based research firm, thinks there's a good chance that iMacs and MacBooks "in the next several weeks".
More than 2500 delegates from the IT industry have made their way up to the Gold Coast this week to take part in Microsoft's Tech.Ed conference. The conference is attended mostly by developers and IT managers and will showcase the latest in Microsoft...
Intel showed off a number of new computer systems and at least 40 new motherboards built by partners for new Intel microprocessors that officially launched on Tuesday, nearly a month after the chips were first spotted at computer markets in Taipei.
A year after its launch, Intel is pushing the Nehalem microarchitecture into mainstream PCs with the release of its first Core i5 chip on Tuesday.
A year after Google debuted Chrome with a bang, the browser may have failed to meet expectations. But recent moves by the search giant signal a new campaign in the war against rivals, analysts said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA